Cleaning out the freezer

60 lb of the finest landjager made by my local Swiss trained Metzger Meister. He literally went to a university of butchery and graduated nearly 80 years ago. He is in high demand working as a butcher in food stores and specialty meat markets as he is the only one who knows how to make every single variety of wurst!

Made another batch the other day 50lbs this go around with cheese. About 15 lbs with cheese and jalapeño.

turned out great the cheese ratio was alittle high. Will probably for go the cheese in the future and just pair the sausage with a finer cheese
Cheese and jalapeño sausage… I’m drooling!

AH wouldn't let me post this in the initial message

IMG_20211219_102525.jpg
IMG_20211219_102433.jpg
IMG_20211219_102518.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I shot a red deer doe shortly before leaving on holidays so had the butcher perform some magic on it, he did well.

IMG_4328.JPG

Curious what is the cured whole muscle product that your butcher prepared in addition to the sausage

Curious what is the cured whole muscle product that your butcher prepared in addition to the sausage

That’s ham, hot smoked on Alder.

That does look good, but I gotta admit the title gave me a bad flashback to when my chest freezer went through a brownout, I had a turkey, two deer, and winter caught pike in it, the brown out fried the motor but it would still try to kick on and cool the freezer down, I was on the road for ten days and when I opened the lid I had a half baked, fully rotted mooky mess, I cried three times that day, the first when I opened the lid, the second while cleaning it out and realizing all I lost and the third time buying a new freezer.
Been there myself

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg