Cleaning out the freezer

60 lb of the finest landjager made by my local Swiss trained Metzger Meister. He literally went to a university of butchery and graduated nearly 80 years ago. He is in high demand working as a butcher in food stores and specialty meat markets as he is the only one who knows how to make every single variety of wurst!
 
Made another batch the other day 50lbs this go around with cheese. About 15 lbs with cheese and jalapeño.

turned out great the cheese ratio was alittle high. Will probably for go the cheese in the future and just pair the sausage with a finer cheese
Cheese and jalapeño sausage… I’m drooling!
 
AH wouldn't let me post this in the initial message

IMG_20211219_102525.jpg
IMG_20211219_102433.jpg
IMG_20211219_102518.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I shot a red deer doe shortly before leaving on holidays so had the butcher perform some magic on it, he did well.

IMG_4328.JPG
 
Curious what is the cured whole muscle product that your butcher prepared in addition to the sausage
 
Curious what is the cured whole muscle product that your butcher prepared in addition to the sausage

That’s ham, hot smoked on Alder.
 
That does look good, but I gotta admit the title gave me a bad flashback to when my chest freezer went through a brownout, I had a turkey, two deer, and winter caught pike in it, the brown out fried the motor but it would still try to kick on and cool the freezer down, I was on the road for ten days and when I opened the lid I had a half baked, fully rotted mooky mess, I cried three times that day, the first when I opened the lid, the second while cleaning it out and realizing all I lost and the third time buying a new freezer.
Been there myself
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,310
Messages
1,572,485
Members
169,573
Latest member
clytedostai1975
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top