Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Canada, Ireland
Mossberg patriot .375 ruger $317 at centerfireguns.com

Screen Shot 2017-04-20 at 1.44.11 PM.png

Wow for that price would be fun to buy just for practice gun.

Before I bought, I'd want to know that it works properly. Don't need to throw $317 and perhaps a bunch more down the road on something that doesn't feed/extract properly.

Luckily I already have a much better .375 so no issue for me, but for some it might allow them to try it without breaking the bank- as long as they are right handed or willing to shoot it from the wrong side that is

Before I bought, I'd want to know that it works properly. Don't need to throw $317 and perhaps a bunch more down the road on something that doesn't feed/extract properly.

Agreed..... Mossberg has stepped up there game on many fronts. However, I can tell you personally..... That when they introduce new products, they usually suck and have to get their kinks out.... takes a longtime. (O/U's, SemiAuto Shotguns, AR Styles, etc.). With has much recoil & energy that a 375 throws off. No room for cheap parts.

I can tell you that at least the one I have will print and after almost a year and about 150-200 rounds no malfunctions I have shot 300gr at 2550fps and 200gr at 3213fps is moa easy with couple of 3 shot groups under a dime.
Shawn

I can tell you that at least the one I have will print and after almost a year and about 150-200 rounds no malfunctions I have shot 300gr at 2550fps and 200gr at 3213fps is moa easy with couple of 3 shot groups under a dime.
Shawn

If insult was taken, my apology but it was not intended. But buying a $300 rifle that may be used for a $10K and up DG hunt is something I'd advise to be considered carefully. The rifle may be fine, I won't say it isn't just because it's cheap. But if it were me considering it, I'd make darn sure it works as it must.

No offense taken was just putting in my experience with my Mossberg. I was planning on replacing plastic stock but the way it shoots I'm not touching it.
Shawn
This weekend it's going ground hog hunting I figured I could kill them and bury them in one step. If I miss they will have another hole to run down.

Shawn

That's awesome. That's a tall order from even the most expensive & tested rifles. Especially, since the 375 punches a hole about the size of a Dime.

IMG_0478.JPG
This is the first 4 shot group out of it scope was just bore sighted 1st was 8-9" high I turned it down fired remaining 4 and was happy with loads and setup couple more shots and it groups 1.75" high and center. It has been fun working with this rifle. Did have one problem that was my fault used a cheap set of rings that in 15 shots destroyed themselves and Weaver mounts that came with the rifle.
Shawn

I lucked out this time with the scope when I shoulder this rifle with my eyes closed then open them it's there no movement needed if I had to move I'd be up the creek as it stands I'm looking to upgrade but not because of fit I want more power in the scope, sometimes I watch a long field and x7 is to weak can't always make out antlers.
Shawn

IMG_0477.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BWH
At the moment white tail deer and black bear are the only game I'll be tackling for a while.
Going to try it on ground hogs just to use it.
Saw the cartridge couple of years ago when Mossberg started clambering it at low cost I had to have one I would have been happy with 2" at 100 yards so that was a bonus.
Do I need it NO but I love it. Now looking at a 98 action in my "junk" drawer and thinking how big can I make it. I think it a virus I got on this forum.
Shawn

That's all that matters.... if you love it & it does what you want it to do.

Besides my wife and I are getting older and sometimes she looks at me like those Cape Buffalo do, just makes me feel a little safer.
Kidding aside it's not a safe queen it's more like a hammer it does its job and if I get stuck pushing the swamp brush I'm not afraid to drag it by the strap behind me as I push through on my hands and knees.

Now that is a budget rifle.

This is something like their 3rd run of these and this one took a long time to be released, so I'm guessing they addressed any issues with the previous ones

They have stainless versions, so I'm guessing this will become a fairly popular Alaska gun. No worries about messing this one up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BarrettAlfred

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross