AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI (Sioux Falls, SD) RMEF, NWTF, NRA, NTA, BCSC, SDTA, NDTA, P&Y,
Hunted
Zimbabwe, New Zealand, Canada (Ontario,British Columbia,Manitoba), USA (Colorado,Montana,Wyoming,Texas,South Dakota), Africa(Limpopo,NW Province, East Cape, Kwazulu Natal,) Namibia x3,
Good timing, they look fantastic in their winter coat. The bucks can do some silly things in the rut.
Just shy of two months and we are off to NZ.
Hunting out of Wanaka. Do you know Stacey and Jen Anderson?

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
In 2000 we were on a bicycle tour in Tasmania and the South Island. Bicycled over Arthur’s Pass in the freezing cold rain. Got soaked to the bone. Still it was an awesome experience!

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, South Africa (Eastern Cape & NW), Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY, Canada (Yukon)
Just shy of two months and we are off to NZ.
Hunting out of Wanaka. Do you know Stacey and Jen Anderson?
@RogerHeintzman Are you planning to bring your trophies back to the US or have the taxidermy work done in NZ? I contacted @Bhfs300 after reading his impressive NZ hunt report and booked a Red Stag & Tahr hunt for 2019. Supposedly with the right export forms in NZ, a hunter can brings capes, skulls, antlers, etc back to the US in a checked bag.

wesheltonj

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Benefactor-Life NRA, DSC, SCI, HSC
Hunted
USA, RSA
The guy who does the show “The Game Chef” has a restaurant in Wanaka. You might try it out.

Bhfs300

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
USA Canada South Africa New Zealand
C1F27929-DC06-4A1C-A377-346016E41831.jpeg
@Bhfs300 after reading his impressive NZ hunt report and booked a Red Stag & Tahr hunt for 2019. Supposedly with the right export forms in NZ, a hunter can brings capes, skulls, antlers, etc back to the US in a checked bag.
Wish I would have taken a good photo of the bag here is the only photo that kind of has the bag. We just cleared customs in Hawaii and I tried to click my heals. The bag is on the top of the cart on our way to check in for the flight home.
It was a 30-50 side zipper from army surplus.
Tom
Capes have to be salted and skull caps and skulls have to be boiled and clean but we did that in an afternoon.

Northwest9

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
I am planning to get back to NZ next year. I've been a few times, once into a Landsborough ballot block, once into the jolley valley, and once I was over there with the wife on holiday and I snuck away for a day hunt for arapawa ram.

I have shot an average tahr, but never a chamois. Both tahr hunts were DIY, but I was there was a kiwi bloke in the group whose hunted heaps over there, so he knew where to go, and what to do.

This time it'll just be me and a mate. We are hoping to get some time on chamois, and were looking at guided hunts, but they are $9k for Tahr/Chamois combo now...

stug

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
NZ
Do a search for James Scott he is a helicopter pilot on the West Coast. He will be able to fly you in to an area with chamois. It will be a lot less than $9K.

Rickmt

Silver supporter
AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
SA NZ-Montana,Maryland , Georgia , Mississippi, USA
Nice video thanx for sharing!
Going to your country may4th for stag and fallow with Manuka point
A dream hunt of my 62 year life!
Gotta do it while I can !

Northwest9

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, SSAA
Hunted
Australia, NZ, Fiji, Namibia
Do a search for James Scott he is a helicopter pilot on the West Coast. He will be able to fly you in to an area with chamois. It will be a lot less than $9K.
thanks mate, ill give him a call. ive flown with him when i went in the ballow block the first year, and was meant to fly with him the second year, but the weather kept us off the west coast.

Latest profile posts

20 day hunt in May 2022 with Zana Botes hard part now starting the wait
Better a fool on his own than a wise man at someone else's discretion
... F. Nietzsche
perry madl wrote on Ignatius of Antioch's profile.
Is your double still available?
I am interested in Safari Animal Paintings
Sugar4646 wrote on Warpig602's profile.
Hey boss wanted to inquire about the .308 rifle you have for sell can you send me payment information. I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you.