Caught the bug....

It's a short, fast fall from "once in a lifetime trip" to "How the crap can I make this happen as often as possible??"

I genuinely went into my first thinking that would probably be it. I am 3.5 weeks out from wheels up on time number two, and this time I'm not even pretending it'll be the last.

Best of wishes on your own addiction solutions. Welcome to the site. Contribute often. A write-up and photos of time number one would be a dandy start.
 
I recently returned from my first trip to South Africa, and a beast has been awakened! I am actively researching what I want the next trip to be and am enjoying going through the site!

Jared in Wisconsin
It's a slippery slope, my friend!

I once had dreams of hunting all over the place...blacktail in Alaska, stag in Scotland...but after my first safari, all I can think about is going back again and again!
 
:S Welcome: to AH!
 
Welcome aboard, Jared. Which part of Wisconsin? There are quite a few of us on here.
 
Hello and welcome!
 
welcome welcome welcome

any questions or queries feel free to ask
 
Welcome to AH.
 
Africa the worse drug known to mankind.
 
Good day! Welcome!
 
I recently returned from my first trip to South Africa, and a beast has been awakened! I am actively researching what I want the next trip to be and am enjoying going through the site!

Jared in Wisconsin

"Hi, my name is Jared and I"m addicted to hunting Africa" :D

Welcome to AH, the price of admission is a hunting report on this first trip of yours. I too always thought I'd only ever do this once. But I cannot think of anything else but going back!
 
:S Welcome:
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Was looking at eBay in 2005 and saw a fella in Africa wanting to trade day fees for a pair of Zeiss binos and a rangefinder. Day fees? What the hell are day fees? Never knew of a website like this. No info at all about hunting Africa.

“Hey baby, wanna go to Africa and go hunting?”

“Sure. Let’s go”

That was about 11 trips ago.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,379
Messages
1,574,586
Members
170,066
Latest member
StephenToo
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top