Case trimmer for .470 Nitro Express?

deewayne2003

AH legend
Joined
Jan 27, 2020
Messages
3,887
Reaction score
13,074
Location
Texan living in exile
Media
35
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
For those of you who reload .470 Nitro Express - What case trimmer do you use?

I recently went through the pain of ordering a custom quick trim die from Lee; only for the something to go wrong with the cutting head and damage the inside of the die and Lee said it would be 3 months before they could produce a replacement.... so they got to keep it and I'm looking for a reliable trimmer.
 
For those of you who reload .470 Nitro Express - What case trimmer do you use?

I recently went through the pain of ordering a custom quick trim die from Lee; only for the something to go wrong with the cutting head and damage the inside of the die and Lee said it would be 3 months before they could produce a replacement.... so they got to keep it and I'm looking for a reliable trimmer.

Havent had to trim any 470 cases yet. But I think my trimmer is an RCBS....will check in the morning. I had to order some special parts for it.
 
Forster. I have the standard lenth Forster for all cases .375& .416 Ruger and smaller and the larger Forster for .450-.400, and longer.
 
I built a pod trimmer by copying the Wilson.
 
Last edited:
Havent had to trim any 470 cases yet. But I think my trimmer is an RCBS....will check in the morning. I had to order some special parts for it.

032A1FF6-F3A1-4683-BCE4-BFAD55B5AFE7.jpeg
I I was mistaken the trimmer I have is the Redding model pictured above.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,370
Messages
1,574,397
Members
170,034
Latest member
DorotheaLe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top