Case trimmer for .470 Nitro Express?

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
For those of you who reload .470 Nitro Express - What case trimmer do you use?

I recently went through the pain of ordering a custom quick trim die from Lee; only for the something to go wrong with the cutting head and damage the inside of the die and Lee said it would be 3 months before they could produce a replacement.... so they got to keep it and I'm looking for a reliable trimmer.

For those of you who reload .470 Nitro Express - What case trimmer do you use?

I recently went through the pain of ordering a custom quick trim die from Lee; only for the something to go wrong with the cutting head and damage the inside of the die and Lee said it would be 3 months before they could produce a replacement.... so they got to keep it and I'm looking for a reliable trimmer.

Havent had to trim any 470 cases yet. But I think my trimmer is an RCBS....will check in the morning. I had to order some special parts for it.

Forster. I have the standard lenth Forster for all cases .375& .416 Ruger and smaller and the larger Forster for .450-.400, and longer.

I built a pod trimmer by copying the Wilson.

Last edited:
Havent had to trim any 470 cases yet. But I think my trimmer is an RCBS....will check in the morning. I had to order some special parts for it.

032A1FF6-F3A1-4683-BCE4-BFAD55B5AFE7.jpeg
I I was mistaken the trimmer I have is the Redding model pictured above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you