Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, RMEF, NRA, DSC, NWTF, DU
Hunted
USA(KY,MO,TN,TX) South Africa, New Zealand
Saw this on my day job. Gentleman fell down staircase carrying box of ammunition!!

4126FA20-285B-429E-A239-F4DA09A21382.jpeg

I'm surprised. What could have set them off? Normally if a round is ignited by a primer and it is not in a barrel where the gas pressure is contained the bullet will barely move. Just saying ....

Reactions: cls
Cartridge is intact. Tip is fairly radiolucent. could see on other images, not shown here. think it was a .308!

He impaled himself on the cartridge not an accidental discharge.

I get it now. I thought I was looking at holes in a body. My goof.

I’ve seen some cool x rays through the years and that one is awesome! Not
Long ago I was working up a load for a .270 at the range. Then switched to shooting my .375 wby off sticks at milk jugs full of water. Another shooter asked if he could try one?-of course! I did not notice that he put one of the .270 cases into the .375. At the shot I physically watched the bullet bounce and roll down the dusty range-sick to my stomach. The guy actually said-wow! It didn’t kick much! When I ejected the brass I was more angry than scared-but ultimately my ammo, gun and fault. . . Thankfully the chamber handled the .270 round without a twitch and he got to shoot a good round after that. Thanks for sharing Kdenn.
C8094FD9-7F3B-43E9-B301-A7B22E7EAC67.jpeg

Last edited:
Helluva way to fireform a case. Thanks to a heavy magnum receiver there was no damage.

I'm obviously not any good at reading x-rays. Where on his body was he impaled?

Through the left cheek into left maxillary sinus and left nasal cavity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justcbdstore

Latest profile posts

Woods wrote on Hunter-Habib's profile.
Forgive me if this is the incorrect area, I signed up to this forum just now because I wanted to be on the list to purchase a copy of your autobiography. Please feel free to pass my information along to whomever is selling. Thank you so much. I look forward to it!
I like the Tillie in my picture. They are supposed to fit loose (2 fingers inside hat band), have mesh for cooling, and hold their shape after washing.
SSG Joe wrote on piratensafaris's profile.
From one newbie to another, Welcome aboard!
BLAAUWKRANTZ safaris wrote on Greylin's profile.
We have just completed a group hunt with guys from North Carolina, please feel free to contact the organizers of the group, Auburn at auburn@opextechnologies.com or Courtney at courtney@opextechnologies.com Please visit our website www.blaauwkrantz.com and email me at zanidixie@gmail.com
Zani
FDP wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Good morning. I'll take all of them actually. Whats the next step? Thanks, Derek