Can it be true...MRC is GOB and CZ is stopping the 550

Major,
The purchase by Remington put Dakota into a tailspin. I had a model 10 single shot in 9.3x62 on order that I finally cancelled when it was going on 9 months past the promised delivery date. They build a beautiful rifle and they are great folks. I truly hope they get things sorted out.
WAB
Thank you so much for your explanation , WAB. @Bullthrower338 was showing me an excellent Dakota Model 76 bolt rifle chambered in 9.3 × 64 Brenekke calibre this morning . It looked like a piece of art. It is too bad that you had to cancel your order with them.

This is even worse news if you're a left-hander like myself. I can work right-handed guns fairly well out of necessity, but it requires extra motions. I was looking at some of MRC's left-handed models for my eventual buffalo rifle. I'm sure something suitable will pop up in the next few years.

Take a look at the Blaser R8. Their synthetic stock is ambidextrous and their bolt assemblies can be left or right handed. It's very modular and has a wide range of calibers including 9.3x62, .375H&H, .416 Rem Mag, .458 Lott and the .500 Jeffery.

This really makes no sense. Why would CZ drop the 550? I understand it is more expensive to produce a CRF, but their action is legendary. Any chance production of CRF rifles will be taken over by Zbrojovka Brno? If so, they could charge a premium.

This really makes no sense. Why would CZ drop the 550? I understand it is more expensive to produce a CRF, but their action is legendary. Any chance production of CRF rifles will be taken over by Zbrojovka Brno? If so, they could charge a premium.

I would say it is as others have said, cost verses sales. No longer justifiable if they have to produce new tooling.

Securing the parts and having a rifle built, may in many instances be less $$$ than purchasing a semi custom from a small boutique manufacturer...the excise tax for “manufacturing” a firearm is pretty pricey, when you supply most of the parts, then it is not considered manufactured. Custom wood and stock work can add up $$$ depending on how you want to spend the money.
Action
Trigger
Bottom metal
Barrel and chambering
Stock.....wood or composite
Metal finish....blue..cerrokote...?
2k and up can get a quality working, accurate, hunting rifle, if that is the direction you tend to be heading in. Unlimited selection of chamberings available.

Don’t know if anyone has noticed, but Christensen Arms is now chambering their top line Summit TI in 375 H&H, guaranteed sub-MOA. I’ve had a couple CA bolt actions and they were sub-MOA right out of the box. Not cheap, but not stupid priced either. Going to put this on my list along with the Blaser and Sauer later this year. That’s a hell of a rifle, IMO, for the price.

https://christensenarms.com/summit-ti/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.12 PM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 126
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.14 PM.png
    845.9 KB · Views: 108
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.17 PM.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.03.19 PM.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 113
Don’t know if anyone has noticed, but Christensen Arms is now chambering their top line Summit TI in 375 H&H, guaranteed sub-MOA. I’ve had a couple CA bolt actions and they were sub-MOA right out of the box. Not cheap, but not stupid priced either. Going to put this on my list along with the Blaser and Sauer later this year. That’s a hell of a rifle, IMO, for the price.

https://christensenarms.com/summit-ti/
Wicked nice...and wicked light.
A 6.5# 375H&H is gonna be something else, that's for sure.

BTW - That's a hell of a list to be handing off to Santa Claus.
Might need to trade out the milk and cookies for single malt and a Cuban cigar.

Wicked nice...and wicked light.
A 6.5# 375H&H is gonna be something else, that's for sure.

BTW - That's a hell of a list to be handing off to Santa Claus.
Might need to trade out the milk and cookies for single malt and a Cuban cigar.

Yea, all carbon fiber with titanium action, that’s going to be strong and light. EuroOptic has them as low as 3995.00 but I‘d go for the full natural carbon fiber stock instead of the pseudo-camp stock for 4495.00, if I go that route....a Blaser or Sauer would be twice that in CF. That and the Merkel RX Helix 300 win mag would be a nice pair, both light. Want to get my hands on one first, that’s going to be the trick.

Yea, all carbon fiber with titanium action, that’s going to be strong and light. EuroOptic has them as low as 3995.00 but I‘d go for the full natural carbon fiber stock instead of the pseudo-camp stock for 4495.00, if I go that route....a Blaser or Sauer would be twice that in CF. That and the Merkel RX Helix 300 win mag would be a nice pair, both light. Want to get my hands on one first, that’s going to be the trick.
When the wife and I were looking at the R8 we called and set an appointment with EuroOptic.
Met our sales guy who had everything laid out for us and we got right into it.
I think we were there for about 6 hours on a Saturday looking at rifles, scopes and binos.
It was a great help to put our hands on stuff and find out if we would like it or if it even fit.
However it was a long day, 4 hour drive one way.
We were bushed the following day, but psyched because we had found what we wanted.
In the end, worth the trouble.

How far away are you from EuroOptic?

When the wife and I were looking at the R8 we called and set an appointment with EuroOptic.
I think we were there for about 6 hours on a Saturday looking at rifles, scopes and binos.
It was a great help to put our hands on stuff and find out if we would like it or if it even fit.
We were bushed the following day, but psyched because we had found what we wanted.

Where is EuroOptic located

Where is EuroOptic located
Eurooptic Ltd
635 N. Loyalsock Ave
Montoursville, PA 17754

North Central PA.
Not exactly an afternoon drive from TX.

Fly in to Williamsport, real short drive to Montoursville. Tie it in to the weekend school at the Original Pennsylvania 1000 Yard Benchrest Club. One doesn't need to bring a rifle and food is supplied on Saturday afternoon and evening. You may never shoot that far but the information on reloading and shooting from world record shooters is second to none.

http://pa1000yard.com/

http://pa1000yard.com/info-hist/2020BenchrestSchoolApp.pdf

Fly in to Williamsport, real short drive to Montoursville. Tie it in to the weekend school at the Original Pennsylvania 1000 Yard Benchrest Club. One doesn't need to bring a rifle and food is supplied on Saturday afternoon and evening. You may never shoot that far but the information on reloading and shooting from world record shooters is second to none.

http://pa1000yard.com/

http://pa1000yard.com/info-hist/2020BenchrestSchoolApp.pdf
Niiiiiice.
Appreciate the info.
The wife and I will be looking into that.

A bit more of a drive than you had..LOL...I’m in Texas, just north of San Antonio :)

A bit more of a drive than you had..LOL...I’m in Texas, just north of San Antonio :)
You do know that Blaser USA is located in San Antonio, TX right?
Like right in North San Antonio?

Blaser USA
403 East Ramsey
San Antonio, TX 78216

You do know that Blaser USA is located in San Antonio, TX right?
Like right in North San Antonio?

Blaser USA
403 East Ramsey
San Antonio, TX 78216

Hmmm....might have to take a little trip to see them :) Thanks!!

CAustin - after you succumb to the Blaser mania and decide to sell off all of your conventional rifles, can I have first dibs at them? LOL!!!!!!!!

I saw that they are under “restructure” today... sad....I just bought a Colorado Buck in 505 Gibbs from a dealer a week ago. Layaway for a few months. hoping it is as nice as it looks and hope they resurface. Fingers crossed on quality with no company anymore to back it up

7573066E-A837-455B-B7A9-CB9A6B55DB27.jpeg

Boatloads of CZ 550s in 416 Rigby and 458 Lott and 375 HnH on GunBroker brand new

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross