Bushbuck...

Wolverine67

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
561
Reaction score
89
Media
29
Hunting reports
Africa
4
Europe
1
Member of
SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
Hunted
Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
Cant wait until august... Going to visit Willem and Koedoeberg for a few days hunt. Hoping for a Blue wildebeest, a Warthog, a Bushbuck and maybe a huge Kudu....
Bushbuck are my nemesis and IMO the best looking animal in the world...

Tragelaphus_scriptus_%28male%29.jpg
 
I can see August is going to come slow for you. I have not looked at Bushbuck as one of my target animals, but looking at the pic you attached I can see the attraction. I hope all of your dreams come true in August.
 
Good luck on your hunt Trond hope you get some good ones. Bushbuck are a very beautiful animal and I have one on my list for next month but they can be dangerous as well if wounded so be careful and shoot staight I want my friend to make it back home without any new holes in him. I'm trying to make up my mind as to which one I'm going to have a full body mount done on the Warthog, Bushpig or Bushbuck guess I'll have to wait and see what I get. Again good luck on your hunt I know Willem will do a good job for you.

I will share one on my facebook so you can see one my Friend and PH Rusty and his client took about a week or so ago. Bob
 
Good luck on your hunt Trond hope you get some good ones. Bushbuck are a very beautiful animal and I have one on my list for next month but they can be dangerous as well if wounded so be careful and shoot staight I want my friend to make it back home without any new holes in him. I'm trying to make up my mind as to which one I'm going to have a full body mount done on the Warthog, Bushpig or Bushbuck guess I'll have to wait and see what I get. Again good luck on your hunt I know Willem will do a good job for you.

I will share one on my facebook so you can see one my Friend and PH Rusty and his client took about a week or so ago. Bob

Thanks Bob, and thanks Stretch.
Bob, you really dont consider to full mount a warthog? They are so ugly....lol, but maybe just because of that it would make a special trophy.
I definitly would make a full mount of a bushbuck if I could afford it. Just look at the colours...
I will do my best to shoot straight, hopefully with my bow but I will rent a rifle, if thats whats required.
Edit: Please post the photo from your friend Bob. I would love to see it.
:D:bandit:
 
Full mount of course!
The northern or Limpopo Bushbuck by far the most attractive of the South African species. Good hunt as well.
Bosbok.jpgBOSBOK 2009.jpgvloed 2011 jan. 037.jpg
 

Attachments

  • vloed 2011 jan. 017.jpg
    vloed 2011 jan. 017.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 258
  • Bosbok Cape.jpg
    Bosbok Cape.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 205
  • vloed 2011 jan. 026.jpg
    vloed 2011 jan. 026.jpg
    748.4 KB · Views: 290
Good luck with that Bushbuck. Certainly one of my favourites.
 
Thanks, I have great expectations allthough I think they are elusive and shy beauties.
 
I have an appointment with a bushbuck in September, on the banks of the Limpopo.

By the way, warthogs look nice in european mount !
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,429
Messages
1,575,970
Members
170,489
Latest member
wikusvonmollendorf
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top