full

full

full

full

Great Buff pics!
Here are few more common sized buffs
*05082015-African animals from film-FA-0004.jpg
05082015-African animals from film-FA-0003.JPG

19" bosses on this 40 inch Buffalo bull.
full

19" bosses on this 40 inch Buffalo bull.
full
In regards to the noticeable fence, just wanted to let everyone know that this hunting area which forms part of the Associated Private Nature Reserves (which are located west of Kruger) there are plenty of lions and hyenas. the skinning and salting area where the meat is butchered thus has to be fenced or we would have unwanted visitors all the time. The skinning facility is located at the reserves HQ where the staff houses are and there are also little kids living there who would be in danger if hyenas and lions could enter the area at night etc.

IMG_0020.JPG

October 2016, Mozambique.
How big were they? The answer to that doesn't really matter, I don't think they were ever properly measured to be honest. What we do all remember is that they were not shot out of a herd, and the excitement on the locals faces when we delivered the protein to the schools and clinics. We remember seeing and getting up close to the breeding herds just to observe and admire. Also tracking and passing up on some bulls because they are too young, "tomorrow is another day, we'll find and older one". And of course my friends, the comradery and drinks around the fire, listening to jokes and stories, or listening to the lions and hyenas having a go at each other. It was a cool experience, but then again, isn't every opportunity we get to spend out in the field an awesome experience!?

View attachment 172645

How big were they? The answer to that doesn't really matter, I don't think they were ever properly measured to be honest. What we do all remember is that they were not shot out of a herd, and the excitement on the locals faces when we delivered the protein to the schools and clinics. We remember seeing and getting up close to the breeding herds just to observe and admire. Also tracking and passing up on some bulls because they are too young, "tomorrow is another day, we'll find and older one". And of course my friends, the comradery and drinks around the fire, listening to jokes and stories, or listening to the lions and hyenas having a go at each other. It was a cool experience, but then again, isn't every opportunity we get to spend out in the field an awesome experience!?

IMG_5553.JPG

View attachment 172645

IMG_5564.JPG

Amazing how different all these Buffalo's are.
Congratulations to all of these hunters and PH's for getting some excellent trophies.

IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0493.JPG
IMG_0580.JPG

Chasing dark objects with Double Rifles... in true free range areas. It's as classic as it gets. The challenge and the excitement will never get old!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg