Buck falls to the Merkel

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Europe
Not Africa and not Dangerous Game but stalking in the dried up UK is rather akin to plains game hunting in Africa at the mo!
Managed to connect with this fellow this evening with my old Merkel DR (8x60r)
1660429569301.jpeg

Not Africa and not Dangerous Game but stalking in the dried up UK is rather akin to plains game hunting in Africa at the mo!
Managed to connect with this fellow this evening with my old Merkel DR (8x60r)
View attachment 482817
Very nice shooting. I have a lot of terrain around me as well that makes me feel like I am stalking some wilderness in Africa.

Beautiful double and deer, what range were you able to close to for the shot?

I am in the US. Specifically, the High Desert of the Pacific Northwest. This is what surrounds me...
View attachment 482819View attachment 482820
Stunning Country.
Having shed a lot of my normal stalking gear - it's too hot to be carrying nice to have stuff, even close to home, so just a belt with knife and water bottle, I had left my rangefinder at base- not that I needed it but I do like to range a shot after taking it for the record.
Paced out it was approx 70yrds when I squeezed the trigger.
Buck dropped at the shot.

Stunning Country.
Having shed a lot of my normal stalking gear - it's too hot to be carrying nice to have stuff, even close to home, so just a belt with knife and water bottle, I had left my rangefinder at base- not that I needed it but I do like to range a shot after taking it for the record.
Paced out it was approx 70yrds when I squeezed the trigger.
Buck dropped at the shot.
I am very thankful to be able to explore the countryside.

Makes sense to travel light, the heat has been bad here this summer and I have been keeping it simple too. But I do some training hikes with heavy pack in the hills to prep for elk season.

70 yards is a very nice, well done stalk congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HalinaKers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you