Brief Intro

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Canada
New member here, a friend recommended the site. I have hunted Africa 4 times, and spent a season working for a safari company in 2001. I haven't made it back since and I miss the place, so this site is a great place to go when I feel "Africa".

Patrick R

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Welcome to AH. Who was the Safaris Company you worked for?

monish

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Hi cbvanb,

Welcome to the forum , nice to know you hunted and worked for a outfit in the land of Lions . I bet you are addicted to the drug labelled "AFRICA"

Monish

AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
AfricaHunting.com
Media
Articles
Welcome to AH cbvanb! Thanks to your friend for recommending the site. Hope you'll share some of your experiences with all of us.

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Thanks for the welcome, and yes, the Africa drug is permanently in my veins. I worked for Tshabezi Safaris, headquartered in West Nicholson, Zimbabwe. I actually published a book about the season, "The Last Safari", although selling the book wasn't the reason I joined the forum. I haven't been back for 9 years and it doesn't look like a trip back is in the near future, so I wanted to at least make contact with people who are going.

dwerner

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia
Welcome to "Africa". 9 years is too long to be away from Africa. Has your book been published and where is it available?

Thanks
Werner

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Yes, 9 years is too long, but then I waited 39 years to get there the first time. The book has been published, it's available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The full title is "The Last Safari, a Season of Discovery in Zimbabwe". I get to speak with some of the PHs I worked with every year when they come to the States for the various Safari Conventions, but that isn't the same as being there, of course.

Attachments

• the-last-safari..jpg
    the-last-safari..jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:

monish

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
AfricaHunting.com
Hunted
Tanzania, Nepal, Canada,
Bruce,

Exquisite cover picture, shall procure this book to read all about your great hunting days.

Thanks

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
diaozhating

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Tally-Ho Hunting Safaris wrote on jfowler812's profile.
hi Mr fowler

im happy to do these deals for 2021

i will knock off 10% off each deal if you take 2 so $18000 per package

look forward to your response

regards
Mule deer and Colorado elk seasons almost done! Hunters driving farm roads, looking for racks, their PH driving them along, I ask that you not pull into my drive. The buck behind me, on the boundary line of the GMU somehow knows. The hunter laughs, I would invite you in to see my Searcy rifles but social distancing prevails, darkness arrives and the buck slides away into secret tree grove...
Boyd Brooks wrote on Skinnersblade's profile.
Ellwood Epps has 1 box of 25-20 in stock. Look them up on the web. They are located in Orilla Ontario.
Lkhntr wrote on Warpig602's profile.
On the vx6 2-12 what does the zl2 stand for?

Thanks, Oliver