Brief Intro

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Canada
New member here, a friend recommended the site. I have hunted Africa 4 times, and spent a season working for a safari company in 2001. I haven't made it back since and I miss the place, so this site is a great place to go when I feel "Africa".

Welcome to AH. Who was the Safaris Company you worked for?

Hi cbvanb,

Welcome to the forum , nice to know you hunted and worked for a outfit in the land of Lions . I bet you are addicted to the drug labelled "AFRICA"

Monish

Welcome to AH cbvanb! Thanks to your friend for recommending the site. Hope you'll share some of your experiences with all of us.

Thanks for the welcome, and yes, the Africa drug is permanently in my veins. I worked for Tshabezi Safaris, headquartered in West Nicholson, Zimbabwe. I actually published a book about the season, "The Last Safari", although selling the book wasn't the reason I joined the forum. I haven't been back for 9 years and it doesn't look like a trip back is in the near future, so I wanted to at least make contact with people who are going.

Welcome to "Africa". 9 years is too long to be away from Africa. Has your book been published and where is it available?

Thanks
Werner

Yes, 9 years is too long, but then I waited 39 years to get there the first time. The book has been published, it's available at Amazon and Barnes & Noble. The full title is "The Last Safari, a Season of Discovery in Zimbabwe". I get to speak with some of the PHs I worked with every year when they come to the States for the various Safari Conventions, but that isn't the same as being there, of course.

attachment.php

Attachments

• the-last-safari..jpg
    the-last-safari..jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful cover Bruce. I see that you have gotten some great reviews for your book. You should have mentioned that you have a website, for everyone interested in the book check out www.TheLastSafari.com.

Bruce,

Exquisite cover picture, shall procure this book to read all about your great hunting days.

Thanks

Monish

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois