Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BASA, CHASA
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
I bought my daughter a double combination today. Savage model 2400 12ga 2 3/4 -308 Win combination. It looks well built and apart from some dings on the stock(safe queen) seems un-fired.

It also has two fully adjustable fittings for regulation(one up front for wind-age and one midway down barrels for elevation). From what I find on google it is a strong reliable rifle. It has a nicely figured walnut stock which after removing the dings, will lose the shiny finish and get some oil treatment.

Now to find scope mounts and get the licence done.

Is going to fit in nicely with my 12ga/9.3x74R combo and my Sons 7x65R/12ga combo.

Bush pigs and warthogs beware....mind you most other plains game as well.

Those are great little combo guns!

Most people dont realize that Savage actually had Valmet in Finland make the actions for the 2400... Great steel, and really nice fit and finish on the couple that I have seen.. (The 2400 looks a lot like its predecessor, the Savage 24.. but is really a different gun in many ways (the Fin gun is superior IMO)..

Im guessing your daughter got a really nice rifle/shotgun today!

Those are great little combo guns!

Most people dont realize that Savage actually had Valmet in Finland make the actions for the 2400... Great steel, and really nice fit and finish on the couple that I have seen.. (The 2400 looks a lot like its predecessor, the Savage 24.. but is really a different gun in many ways (the Fin gun is superior IMO)..

Im guessing your daughter got a really nice rifle/shotgun today!

Yip made in Finland...really nice looking and practical action seems stronger than most combo's I have handled.....

I bought my daughter a double combination today. Savage model 2400 12ga 2 3/4 -308 Win combination. It looks well built and apart from some dings on the stock(safe queen) seems un-fired.

It also has two fully adjustable fittings for regulation(one up front for wind-age and one midway down barrels for elevation). From what I find on google it is a strong reliable rifle. It has a nicely figured walnut stock which after removing the dings, will lose the shiny finish and get some oil treatment.

Now to find scope mounts and get the licence done.

Is going to fit in nicely with my 12ga/9.3x74R combo and my Sons 7x65R/12ga combo.

Bush pigs and warthogs beware....mind you most other plains game as well.

Hope to you share a picture when you can. Of the new gun.

+1. Please post pics of the new double/combo.

I had one of those. Solid reliable and accurate. One additional bonus - it accepts Sako ring mounts. Easy to mount and dismount a scope that returns to zero. Look for the old original windage adjustable ring mounts.

The first firearm I ever bought with my own money.....the Savage 24.........ate a lot of good food harvested by that gun....still have it...............MDW......always liked the Valmets....did not know they made the actions for later Savages.....thanks.....And LvW......what a great gift................always impressed when a daddy shows his daughter how to hunt, and learn her place in Nature's chain......................well done.....FW Bill

Nice little gun. Congrats to both you and your daughter. Well done Dad!

Lucky girl

Those are nice guns, your daughter will be very happy.

I need scope mounts for this combo. Anybody who can assist?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross