BOTSWANA: Double Rifle Safari Part II Botswana

My first African hunt was with Jaco, it was with out a doubt the best hunt I ever had. We laugh so much Im surprised we didn't scare all the game off. Hes a great guy, I am very glad hes still about and in the business.
Thank you for your post and sharing your hunt.

Regards

Pat

The smile on your face tells the story of a great time. The 450/400 is just a classic that performs.
Thanks for sharing, will be interesting at the shows to see what is going to be offered for Botswana in 2020

Thanks for sharing a super hunt. Botswana, often overlooked, is a great destination!! possibly my favorite.

I’ve never been interested in a double...until now! Thanks a lot for peaking my interest!
Excellent adventure so far! Thanks for sharing!

Hmmm...not sure I thank you for getting me interested in a double though...;)

Looks like a great hunt Cal. What area of Bots were you in? We had a fantastic hunt about 3 hours out of Maun last year.

Three hours out of Maun, at Ghanzi. The camp is 1/2 hour from Ghanzi.
Doubles are underrated for plains game. I've used my .450-400 since the late 1990s.
Cal

Cal. Thanks for the great report. We are now sponsors here on AH. If anyone is interested please have a look at our deals and offers posts.

Cal, it wasn’t by any chance Herman and Steenie’s place was it? We had a great hunt on their property.

Great trophies. Add a few photos of the rifle please.

Sounds and looks like a great hunt. Botswana is on our bucket list of countries to hunt. Thanks for posting.

If you hunt with Jaco, you will have a great time.
AG2019: here is the rifle I used.
450-400.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Puckett's

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you