Borescope

ftrovato

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Canada/Wyoming/Montana/South Dakota/Texas/New York/Pennsylvania/New Jersey/Delaware/Maryland/Virginia
Anyone here have qualified advice to offer on borescopes. I see there is a market on Amazon pricing them from $30 to a few hundred dollars. I'd think if the cheaper ones work that you hook to a smart phone there is no need to spend more than $50. Yes/No?

I have one of the cheap iPhone/smart phone based one from EndoSnake. It is Ok but nothing to write home about.

The Teslong is what the gunsmithing school at Montgomery Community College uses and I've heard good things about it. They are not the most expensive either.

What I'd really like to have is one of the rhinoscopes that my ENT uses when he examines my sinuses. Unfortunately, they are in the multi-thousand dollar range.

@ftrovato I have hawk bore scopes and 100.00 bore scope I picked up from Amazon. I use the 100.00 scope way more. It is the best bank for the buck. I can see what's going on and take pictures to send if required. I would have no problem buying a backpack or just have one on hand t9 use in a motor if need be.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 7.31.39 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 7.31.39 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
I have a Teslong and it has worked well for me. I have never tried any others, so I don't have any real reference point, but I have been happy with it.

Thanks Guys! Sounds like there is no reason to buy more than Teslong.....

Great info, I’ve always wanted one. Now I have a starting point. (y)(y)

I've had a Site Lite SL-500 for years and it works great for rifles and shotguns. I've even used it on a crossbow. At the time I believe I paid around $100 for it.

Regardless of what you use, you'll end up at the range punching holes. The advantage is that you are on paper and possibly right on target more quickly. That's much appreciated with some of the heavy hitters the guys on AH shoot. Best of luck.

1696782414373.png

I'm an idiot.

I just re-read the OP. BORESCOPE not bore sight. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've had a Site Lite SL-500 for years and it works great for rifles and shotguns. I've even used it on a crossbow. At the time I believe I paid around $100 for it.

Regardless of what you use, you'll end up at the range punching holes. The advantage is that you are on paper and possibly right on target more quickly. That's much appreciated with some of the heavy hitters the guys on AH shoot. Best of luck.

View attachment 562207
@BeeMaa
The OP was asking about a bore scope for inspection of the bore NOT a bore sighter.
I was wondering how and why you use a bore scope on a cross bow.
Is your cross bow smooth bore or rifled barrel. The mind boggles mate.
Bob

So I ended up getting the most recent model of the Teslong Bore Scope today from Amazon intended to link to a Mac or Microsoft computer. I felt the large viewing screen would assist in really seeing without straining ones eyes. I have to say, I went through 5 rifles today. Proud that most were cleaned very well and one that was not shooting very good clearly had a bit of a copper build up that needed to be attended too. Great tool and it really takes the guess work out of the cleaning and accessing process! Also interesting the difference of at the least appearance and tool marks in some manufactures compared to others! I won't bad mouth anyone (especially because I don't know what I'm talking about). But I will say, good job Christensen Arms! I have a Ridgeline 22-250 that I just went through their recommended breaking process. Just shooting basic reloads and it now puts 10 into an inch. Also, the bore looks great in comparison to some others!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James B Radebaugh

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.