Roan

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NHSA, SA Wingshooters, SA Hunters
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia
Can someone please let me know why Amazon asks $2300 for a ltd signed edition of another 10 years in Africa by Craig Boddington?

Is it such a super collectible book?

Cheers.

Can someone please let me know why Amazon asks $2300 for a ltd signed edition of another 10 years in Africa by Craig Boddington?

Is it such a super collectible book?

Cheers.
Hi Roan, check your numbers again. I checked Amazon and signed copies were $69 to $75.

Hi Roan, check your numbers again. I checked Amazon and signed copies were $69 to $75.
I just found it. It is Tracks Across Africa Another 10 years. I have no idea why it's $2300 plus! @Velo Dog will be all over this!

If it was on Ebay I would have said maybe the Colonel was selling it himself....

Ok. So I am going ro sell my copy for the rock bortom never to be repeated once im a lifetime price of only 1599.99 :sneaky:

Anyone interested? That almost half price I think it's a bargain...

I just found it. It is Tracks Across Africa Another 10 years. I have no idea why it's $2300 plus! @Velo Dog will be all over this!

If it were $23. I might be all over it.
Otherwise, you could loan me the $2300. and I will have that book waiting here for you in May, to read during your return flight.

If it were $23. I might be all over it.
Otherwise, you could loan me the $2300. and I will have that book waiting here for you in May, to read during your return flight.
You are so thoughtful!

Maybe the complete printing is in gold leaf???

More like this.....
2017-02-12 16.46.02[1].png

Pricing on Amazon can be tricky. Where the prices are set by third party sellers, things can get interesting.

when I once inquired about this 'problem', I was told that many sellers, who set their own prices, use an algorithm which sets their price in comparison to others' prices. So if my algorithm, says, for example, that I want to be higher than the next guy by 10 cents, then if someone else moves a price, my price is reset automatically. But if the first price mover has a similar algorithm, the prices can end up moving to fantastic heights as each moves the other's price. Even moving at 10 cents each time, it would take the computers milliseconds to move the prices up to the stratosphere. Eventually, the sellers take note, and reset the prices lower.

The bottom line is the same online as anywhere else. Do your research. You could buy something from a vendor for price x, and then seconds later someone else could buy the exact item for 1/4x.

Ok. So I am going ro sell my copy for the rock bortom never to be repeated once im a lifetime price of only 1599.99 :sneaky:

Anyone interested? That almost half price I think it's a bargain...

R ? :ROFLMAO:

No, Rands would be doing myself in! Think will make it Pounds or if it absolutely must I will accept Dollars.

How do you expect me to retire on Rand's???

Watched a copy of “From The Cape To Kasserine go for 30K at the Weatherby banquet......LOL

Look up the reloading manual Any Shot You Want, another crazy instance of this Aneurism, I mean algorithm

Wow guys, going back three years to pick on CB? Must be a slow Friday...LOL.

hey, velo dog is old, not a dumbass!!! :) i suspect $23 is his top offer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OmaMcGill

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg