Blesbok or Impala

I would choose the impala, other things being equal like quality of the trophy. But the tendency on a first trip seems to be to start shooting if you are in a area with a lot of animals. Take a breath, slow down and enjoy the trip. My advice is to be open minded. Take animals as given opportunities, that you like and are within your budget. You may very well change your mind as you spend time watching them and hunting them.
 
Absolute newbie here. Hunting Africa for the first time in June of 2024. I have been very busy reading all the planning guides and resources on this wonderful site. Question 1. My hunt, among other animals, includes a hunters choice of Blesbok OR Impala. I like the horns better on the Impala, but the facial markings better on the Blesbok. In general terms, is one considered "more desirable" than the other? I am currently thinking I will take whichever one I see the better specimen of. But all things being equal, which should I take?
You will want to hunt both! They are among the cheapest PG animals.
 
There has been a lot of discussions about the pros and cons of blesbok mounts and horns, thought I would also say blesbok make a great looking flat skin on a table or draped over a couch.
 
Just be sure that they are good mature animals, I often see pics on this forum of animals which should not have been shot.

Unfortunately, some Outfitters/PH just want to fill the package and will instruct you to shoot the first which comes around.

If money is a problem, as with many of us here, just do euro-mounts, and save on that expensive taxidermy.

These are pics of mine, not world records, but decent representative animals from my first Safari.

IMG_2253M.jpg


IMG_2656M.jpg


And yes, take both !

Wish you the best of luck on your hunt :D Cheers:
 
For me Impala! It's one of the animals that screams Africa to me!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,349
Messages
1,573,660
Members
169,799
Latest member
Collumjamese
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top