Blaser S2

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Any negatives on the Blaser S2 I got a friend that wants to get rid of one. He has a 470 nitro express and a 375 H&H barrel with it. My last ph on my last hunt in Africa had one and I really liked the way it felt and shouldered. Thank you for all the info and help.

I believe @Red Leg has one and quite likes it.

I love mine. With either .375 or -06 barrels in place it shoots MOA from each barrel and 2.5 inch composite groups at 100 meters. Mine is scoped with Blaser’s super quick detachable mounts should a follow-up be required. I have used mine on everything from duiker to Cape buffalo. It is accurate enough to brain a buff at 25 yards or shoot a kudu on the next ridge at 250. A lot of American writers hated on it because it wasn’t traditional. They are correct - it isn’t. But it is incredibly accurate, safe, and dependable. And a steal on the used market.

I love mine. With either .375 or -06 barrels in place it shoots MOA from each barrel and 2.5 inch composite groups at 100 meters. Mine is scoped with Blaser’s super quick detachable mounts should a follow-up be required. I have used mine on everything from duiker to Cape buffalo. It is accurate enough to brain a buff at 25 yards or shoot a kudu on the next ridge at 250. A lot of American writers hated on it because it wasn’t traditional. They are correct - it isn’t. But it is incredibly accurate, safe, and dependable. And a steal on the used market.

I like that you can keep it loaded and carry it around without worries until you cock it to fire. Thank you for your feedback

Hi Preston,
DallasGuns.com has one now in .470 for $4150. That is a bargain for what I have seen others going for. Two years ago at DSC, there was a table specializing in S2s. They were all highly engraved. They were running $10000 to $20000 a piece. Good luck in your S2 hunt!

I like that you can keep it loaded and carry it around without worries until you cock it to fire. Thank you for your feedback
So will your PH and tracker. My other favorite African rifle is my R8. Equally accurate and safe.

Hi Preston,
DallasGuns.com has one now in .470 for $4150. That is a bargain for what I have seen others going for. Two years ago at DSC, there was a table specializing in S2s. They were all highly engraved. They were running $10000 to $20000 a piece. Good luck in your S2 hunt!

Thank you for the info

Blaser discontinued the S2....

:A Wacko:

HWL

Reactions: Bas
Blaser discontinued the S2....

:A Wacko:

HWL
I didn't know when it happened but I knew it happened. My post was directed to a conversation about that model that I saw (and handled) at Hendershots . It can be found on their website if it hasn't recently been sold. It appeared to be in excellent condition. 500 NE. $ 8 K.

There are several S2 on GunBroker.com in several price ranges. I love both my Blaser R8s, normal weight Professional and a Professional Big Bore with steel receiver and Kickstop and especially like the "safety". Don't care for the "hooded" barrels on the S2 so I purchased a Krieghoff in .470. Same "safety/cocker" as the S2 but does not reset every time you open the action. Still, if they are Blasers they are exceptionally well made.

Blaser makes some beautiful arms I was unaware of, the k95, R93 22 long rifle, etc. In addition to the S2.

Does anyone know what is the "pin" protruding just below the receiver.
Thank you.
blaser pin.jpeg

Blaser makes some beautiful arms I was unaware of, the k95, R93 22 long rifle, etc. In addition to the S2.

Does anyone know what is the "pin" protruding just below the receiver.
Thank you. View attachment 580186
I don't own S2 but do own a couple of K95s which also use the Jaeger locking system, only difference being it is for single barrel. The pin is used to release the locking block. After removing the barrel you press in the pin which allows the key to open further which releases and allows for the removal of the locking block.

Interesting system this Jaeger block. You can take the barrel (or barrels in S2) out of the receiver and slide the lock into the barrels to provide a solid, bolt action strength lock up. You could literally fire a round of by banging the firing pin with a hammer and the lock up is strong enough for it, no receiver needed. It is quite popular in break action rifles in Europe and is used by Blaser, Merkel, Haenel and probably a number of other makers. Bolt action strength in a break action rifle.

I don't own S2 but do own a couple of K95s which also use the Jaeger locking system, only difference being it is for single barrel. The pin is used to release the locking block. After removing the barrel you press in the pin which allows the key to open further which releases and allows for the removal of the locking block.

Interesting system this Jaeger block. You can take the barrel (or barrels in S2) out of the receiver and slide the lock into the barrels to provide a solid, bolt action strength lock up. You could literally fire a round of by banging the firing pin with a hammer and the lock up is strong enough for it, no receiver needed. It is quite popular in break action rifles in Europe and is used by Blaser, Merkel, Haenel and probably a number of other makers. Bolt action strength in a break action rifle.
And it will never ever go off face.

Thank you, informative, interesting concept. There are some beautiful examples, but all unique in their own right.

I haven't seen one in 20yrs or had the privilege to use one. Dury's Has "two" S2's.
Both seem identical, fit, etc. However, separately listed.

Attachments

• BLASER S2DB 470 NE for sale.pdf
    838.2 KB · Views: 19
  • BLASER S2DB 470 NITRO EXPRESS for sale.pdf
    775.3 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I absolutely love my 470 S2. I just wish I could get a .375 H&H barrel set for it!

It is exceptionally accurate, and as a Blaser shooter the push-to-cock isn’t a big deal as I’m already used to it.

I absolutely love my 470 S2. I just wish I could get a .375 H&H barrel set for it!

It is exceptionally accurate, and as a Blaser shooter the push-to-cock isn’t a big deal as I’m already used to it.
The .375 barrels create a wonderful double tap general purpose rifle useful beyond 250 yards. I used mine on everything from buffalo to duiker on one of my Mozambique safaris. It also makes a wonderful lightweight double with 30-06 barrels mounted and so configured mine has taken a lot of PG and feral hogs.

Blaser buff.jpg

30-06
Nyala and S2 with 30'06 tubes

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg