Blaser S2

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Any negatives on the Blaser S2 I got a friend that wants to get rid of one. He has a 470 nitro express and a 375 H&H barrel with it. My last ph on my last hunt in Africa had one and I really liked the way it felt and shouldered. Thank you for all the info and help.

Pheroze

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
OFAH, DSC
Hunted
South Africa, Canada, USA
I believe @Red Leg has one and quite likes it.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I love mine. With either .375 or -06 barrels in place it shoots MOA from each barrel and 2.5 inch composite groups at 100 meters. Mine is scoped with Blaser’s super quick detachable mounts should a follow-up be required. I have used mine on everything from duiker to Cape buffalo. It is accurate enough to brain a buff at 25 yards or shoot a kudu on the next ridge at 250. A lot of American writers hated on it because it wasn’t traditional. They are correct - it isn’t. But it is incredibly accurate, safe, and dependable. And a steal on the used market.

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I love mine. With either .375 or -06 barrels in place it shoots MOA from each barrel and 2.5 inch composite groups at 100 meters. Mine is scoped with Blaser’s super quick detachable mounts should a follow-up be required. I have used mine on everything from duiker to Cape buffalo. It is accurate enough to brain a buff at 25 yards or shoot a kudu on the next ridge at 250. A lot of American writers hated on it because it wasn’t traditional. They are correct - it isn’t. But it is incredibly accurate, safe, and dependable. And a steal on the used market.

I like that you can keep it loaded and carry it around without worries until you cock it to fire. Thank you for your feedback

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces
Hi Preston,
DallasGuns.com has one now in .470 for $4150. That is a bargain for what I have seen others going for. Two years ago at DSC, there was a table specializing in S2s. They were all highly engraved. They were running $10000 to $20000 a piece. Good luck in your S2 hunt!

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
I like that you can keep it loaded and carry it around without worries until you cock it to fire. Thank you for your feedback
So will your PH and tracker. My other favorite African rifle is my R8. Equally accurate and safe.

rpgoldsby

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hi Preston,
DallasGuns.com has one now in .470 for $4150. That is a bargain for what I have seen others going for. Two years ago at DSC, there was a table specializing in S2s. They were all highly engraved. They were running $10000 to $20000 a piece. Good luck in your S2 hunt!

Thank you for the info

HWL

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Germany, Austria, Norway
Blaser discontinued the S2....

:A Wacko:

HWL

Reactions: Bas

sierraone

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Dallas Safari Club, Safari Club Int.
Hunted
USA, RSA, Northwest and Limpopo Provinces

Bas

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Life Member
Blaser discontinued the S2....

:A Wacko:

HWL
I didn't know when it happened but I knew it happened. My post was directed to a conversation about that model that I saw (and handled) at Hendershots . It can be found on their website if it hasn't recently been sold. It appeared to be in excellent condition. 500 NE. $ 8 K.

Ed Lally

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, Canada, South Africa
There are several S2 on GunBroker.com in several price ranges. I love both my Blaser R8s, normal weight Professional and a Professional Big Bore with steel receiver and Kickstop and especially like the "safety". Don't care for the "hooded" barrels on the S2 so I purchased a Krieghoff in .470. Same "safety/cocker" as the S2 but does not reset every time you open the action. Still, if they are Blasers they are exceptionally well made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallPla

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh