Blaser S2 Value?

mikecatt13

AH fanatic
Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
770
Reaction score
1,130
Location
USA
Media
31
Hunting reports
Africa
1
USA/Canada
2
I've been browsing some DG rifles and found one I kind of fell in love with...‍♂️

What's something like this worth in the US? S2, big 5 engraved between the receiver, trigger guard, and grip cap. 470NE
blaser-s2-470-midunder.jpg
blaser-s2-470-full-left.jpg
 

Attachments

  • blaser-s2-470-full-left.jpg
    blaser-s2-470-full-left.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 838
  • blaser-s2-470-midunder.jpg
    blaser-s2-470-midunder.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 1,161
Looks like a luxus model with some upgrades. New it was @25k. Not sure in what condition it is now but I would expect it is will be around 20k
 
You need @Red Leg to weigh in on this thread, he is truly, truly the expert on S2s.

However, I do know that the large bores with the modest engraving were being liquidated to dealers for $5000-$6500 or less and being rapidly flipped on "blowout" for $6000-$8000 awhile back. The really nicely engraved boxlock-no-sideplates models were selling under $10k.

Zero idea what a prolifically engraved sideplated model like the picture might be worth, but I've found that prolifically engraved double rifles with every extra included and exhibition wood don't sell for much more than the ugly knockabout version with border engraving of the same model...as price goes up, number of potential buyers diminish greatly. (thus, $15k MSRP model might sell for $7k, $50k MSRP model might sell for $13k)

If you love S2s, the price doesn't matter. If you don't love S2s...you only start to care when the price is so good it overcomes your preferences for something with different aesthetics. (and I've gotten enough good deals on guns that I've shot some very ugly guns just because I got a $10k discount on them, including my soulless turd of a Spanish shotgun that I tote everywhere.) The dealers that have the S2s left as-new bought them for a song and are trying to double or triple their money on them. The true deals came and went with the dealers that flipped them for a grand profit in a month's time dried up.
 
You need @Red Leg to weigh in on this thread, he is truly, truly the expert on S2s.

However, I do know that the large bores with the modest engraving were being liquidated to dealers for $5000-$6500 or less and being rapidly flipped on "blowout" for $6000-$8000 awhile back. The really nicely engraved boxlock-no-sideplates models were selling under $10k.

Zero idea what a prolifically engraved sideplated model like the picture might be worth, but I've found that prolifically engraved double rifles with every extra included and exhibition wood don't sell for much more than the ugly knockabout version with border engraving of the same model...as price goes up, number of potential buyers diminish greatly. (thus, $15k MSRP model might sell for $7k, $50k MSRP model might sell for $13k)

If you love S2s, the price doesn't matter. If you don't love S2s...you only start to care when the price is so good it overcomes your preferences for something with different aesthetics. (and I've gotten enough good deals on guns that I've shot some very ugly guns just because I got a $10k discount on them, including my soulless turd of a Spanish shotgun that I tote everywhere.) The dealers that have the S2s left as-new bought them for a song and are trying to double or triple their money on them. The true deals came and went with the dealers that flipped them for a grand profit in a month's time dried up.

Rook, Marco Polo Outfitters near St. Louis has a couple of these heavily engraved S2's in .470 now for $18000-19000. (3 or 4 years ago, I saw the plain jane ones going for around $7500-$8000. Don't remember the caliber.) I have no idea if they are exactly the same. At that level of engraving, they look pretty much the same to me. Agree with you 100% that @Red Leg should weigh in on S2 questions!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 9.52.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 9.52.38 AM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 438
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 9.52.40 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 9.52.40 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 391
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 9.52.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 9.52.42 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 471
Last edited by a moderator:
I still like the S2's? Idk, unorthodox appearance a bit, but Industrious & robust. Beautiful imo, heard some good reviews respectively!
 
I still like the S2's? Idk, unorthodox appearance a bit, but Industrious & robust. Beautiful imo, heard some good reviews respectively!
I bought it and absolutely love it. Especially the versatility of adding optics. The accuracy is impressive and the ergonomics and balance are great. Couldnt be happier
 
I bought it and absolutely love it. Especially the versatility of adding optics. The accuracy is impressive and the ergonomics and balance are great. Couldnt be happier
Beautiful, congrats! And glad to hear ..
 
I bought it and absolutely love it. Especially the versatility of adding optics. The accuracy is impressive and the ergonomics and balance are great. Couldnt be happier
Fantastic. It sure has pretty stock as well. Congrats!!
 
I’ll give you $100 for it so you can move on! Just teasing! A very handsome work of art!
 
$500!
 
Wow...tough crowd.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,281
Messages
1,571,612
Members
169,382
Latest member
MarilynMac
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top