BIG BORE SHOOT RSA

I'll need to discuss this with the powers that be at the range.
 
Just googled high speed winch and this would be pretty easy to replicate. Who knew that they already had "wakeboard winches" ????

Here is an example of one for under $1000 and I would bet you could do something for $500.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Wake-Winch-1/
 
some of the guys from RSA have an annual Big Bore shoot w/ a .375 H&H minimum caliber to cull warthogs on a particular property. A friendly competition plus controlling the population.
 
Great machine, just gave me another very portable idea... a sled pulled by an atv! just be sure to stay out of the way as it gets to you or it really will simulate a charge :D lol.
 
The motor that runs it seems to be a standard car/truck wiper motor, then a larger gear to get some speed and the size of the drum to get it up to the speed they needed. With a bit of skill and some work you could get it done pretty cheap. If memory serves me right retail was below 1000$ for the system, that was a year or so ago. Would have liked a foot stop/start button as range sessions alone is not uncommon for me! Could always use the stationary bicycle target puller, just may have to take lots of water for the wife:D:D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,772
Members
169,617
Latest member
VGYDexter
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top