Big Bore Addiction Group

Does anyone have info on the 500 Battleship cartridge? I saw a rifle on GB the other day that was chambered for it. The only thing I could find in a quick search was that there have been dies made for it. Just curious
I saw it too for $1999.00. There weren't any bids, but it's no longer listed on GB?

Yep idk what happened. They might’ve had it for sale in their shop too. Or been trying to sell it for forever and someone called and made an offer
I'll bet it will pop up again?

Where to start, I was content for years to hunt with a 30 06. Bought a muzzle loader kit in 84, built a 50 cal Hawken rifle and pistol. Built a 54 cal and came to appreciate the recoil. A 30 06 no longer had the magic it once did, bought a 444 Marlin and several 45-70s. I was good for a few years and the muzzle loader season was approaching, I was looking through a Pedersoli catalog and saw a 72 cal double rifle. I knew my life would be incomplete without it. A number of years pass a BFR 45-70 revolver and 50AE auto from Magnum Research were added to the collection. A mule deer hunt in Montana was the justification for a 7mm ultra mag. First African hunt required a 375 H&H for plains game. Next trip to the dark continent would include buffalo, I and my hunting partner Doug each bought a Ruger in 416. I could not see a reason to ever buy anything bigger than a 416. More years pass and I had met Doug at the shooting range, he had a 458 Lott and it was a beautiful gun. I remember feeling inadequate and without purpose, later that day my wife could tell that something was wrong. I showed her a picture I had taken of a 458 Lott cartridge in my hand “now what am I going to do”, my wife had a confused look on her face not knowing the inner turmoil I was experiencing. Having married better then I deserve, my wife who knows little about firearms did some research while I was at work. Upon arriving home the next day my wife had a picture of a rifle on an auction “what about a 505 Jibbs” she said. “Gibbs“ I replied back ”yes a Gibbs”. The gun now has become a part of our family and put the hurt on a Buff about three weeks ago. Hopefully I have peaked and will not see the need for anything larger. Time will tell.

Where to start, I was content for years to hunt with a 30 06. Bought a muzzle loader kit in 84, built a 50 cal Hawken rifle and pistol. Built a 54 cal and came to appreciate the recoil. A 30 06 no longer had the magic it once did, bought a 444 Marlin and several 45-70s. I was good for a few years and the muzzle loader season was approaching, I was looking through a Pedersoli catalog and saw a 72 cal double rifle. I knew my life would be incomplete without it. A number of years pass a BFR 45-70 revolver and 50AE auto from Magnum Research were added to the collection. A mule deer hunt in Montana was the justification for a 7mm ultra mag. First African hunt required a 375 H&H for plains game. Next trip to the dark continent would include buffalo, I and my hunting partner Doug each bought a Ruger in 416. I could not see a reason to ever buy anything bigger than a 416. More years pass and I had met Doug at the shooting range, he had a 458 Lott and it was a beautiful gun. I remember feeling inadequate and without purpose, later that day my wife could tell that something was wrong. I showed her a picture I had taken of a 458 Lott cartridge in my hand “now what am I going to do”, my wife had a confused look on her face not knowing the inner turmoil I was experiencing. Having married better then I deserve, my wife who knows little about firearms did some research while I was at work. Upon arriving home the next day my wife had a picture of a rifle on an auction “what about a 505 Jibbs” she said. “Gibbs“ I replied back ”yes a Gibbs”. The gun now has become a part of our family and put the hurt on a Buff about three weeks ago. Hopefully I have peaked and will not see the need for anything larger. Time will tell.
You shouldn't have started. Your Big Bore sick! Get some help! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Wow. We are not worthy of the women who love us. My wife just laughed when she found out I bought my .458 Lott ammo first. She's a keeper!

Some support group you guys have been ;-)

Underlying feelings of inadequacy have surfaced.

So I've just ordered 500 Jeff dies :E Shrug:

Jesus, I just bought another Sako Brown Bear this time in .416. Someone help me!
The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem. The only problem I can see you having is that you haven't posted a picture of this new acquisition for the rest of us to enjoy. Now THAT is a problem.

Denying any type of treatment for this has presented the following conditions for me:

- 45-70: Marlin 1895 SBL
- 375 H&H: Sako 85 Kodiak
- 375 H&H: Blaser R8
- 404 Jeffery: GMA Mauser Action
- 416 Rem Mag: Win Model 70
- 458 Lott: CZ 550
- 450 Nitro Express: Sabatti Big 5
- 470 Nitro Express: Krieghoff Classic
- 505 Gibbs: Vektor Mauser Action

Really hoping by this point I’ve built some natural immunity and can remain protected against future outbreak.

Denying any type of treatment for this has presented the following conditions for me:

Really hoping by this point I’ve built some natural immunity and can remain protected against future outbreak.
Oh boy, now I need a .500!

Also how do you like the Sabatti?

OMG! Maybe AH should start a Big Bore Addiction 7 Step Program as one of their forums?

Nah brother, it’s terminal. Better start Big Bore hospice with another rifle…maybe a 500/465?

Lets see the .450!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdrieneRun

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois