Big Bore Addiction Group

Spike T, do not sell yourself so cheap..owning a 404 Jeffery is an distinction on its own...:LOL::LOL::LOL:

My name is superdutch and I have a problem. It all started small enough. A lightweight 270wsm, then spread to a 300wm and 338wm. All still reasonable. Then NEEDED the 457 wwg lever action for bear hunting (350 Grains at 2200fps) . A 375 Ruger was next, and recently a 450/400 NE double rifle for future potential elephant. Now I find myself looking at the 470 and 500 NE on gunbroker. I need help.

welcome to the big bore addiction group!

I do ask that you not give money to the other members as it encourages bad behavior ;). large bore guns have rendered most of us broke which has lead to some begging and in some cases prostitution :K Booby:. we however do not judge our fellow big bore addiction group members.

my own shooting has been put on hold due to me buying a house. but, I am expecting a new Heym model 89 chambered in 500 NE sometime next month so there will likely be lots of shooting in the near future. one of the benefits to my new house is just a short walk from my front door is plenty of woods to shoot in.

-matt

Glad to have you, without people like us, these poor over .40 rifles would just collect dust on a shelf. No rifle deserves that, with a Lott of love, we can make a difference. For just $11.23 per round you can make a difference in some big bored life. The difference between filling its belly full of thumb sized cartridges and a warm barrel or going to bed empty and cold.
Send your generous donation to @Bullthrower338
So that's how you accumulate so many and hunt so much! Now you have let the cat out of the bag! Do the people which donate receive a stuffed .700 N.E with a name on it?

Maybe we should start a charity for the global conservation of big bore rifles? Just tell the stupid non hunting public that they feel lonely and sad on their own. I would like to be the rifle morale officer. I can take them on day trips the the range to keep them warm and happy as they all play together

Maybe we should start a charity for the global conservation of big bore rifles? Just tell the stupid non hunting public that they feel lonely and sad on their own. I would like to be the rifle morale officer. I can take them on day trips the the range to keep them warm and happy as they all play together

maybe we could tell them that happy rifles kill less animals? we could also easily argue that the nitro express rifles are an endangered species.

(Alanis Morissette playing in the background) "with your donation of just 1 penny a day, you can help feed a starving large bore rifle".

-matt

maybe we could tell them that happy rifles kill less animals? we could also easily argue that the nitro express rifles are an endangered species.

(Alanis Morissette playing in the background) "with your donation of just 1 penny a day, you can help feed a starving large bore rifle".

-matt

We are going to need a lot of Donors! Have you seen the price of factory DGX recently?!?

We are going to need a lot of Donors! Have you seen the price of factory DGX recently?!?

Oh but to have an ammo manufacturer as a patron. We will be laughing

Being a small business owner, I am anti any extra taxes against businesses – life is hard enough as it is. However, it would be worth to consider an introduction of moderate contribution by ammo manufacturers, say 5-10 large bore cartridges per rifle, per day to go towards us hopeless sentimentalists. If you consider that big bore rifle ownership is typically preceded by ownership of several smaller calibre firearms and usually for reasonably long periods of time you can conclude that by feeding these firearms all this time we have contributed towards their wellbeing, so it is only fair we should now get something in return. In addition it is a well known fact that from makers/retailers point of view large calibre ammo is a slow moving merchandise and so in taking it off their hands we would in fact be doing them a huge favour asking nothing at all in return! Sounds to me like it's a win-win situation?
:W A Bullets::P Cowboy:

So that's how you accumulate so many and hunt so much! Now you have let the cat out of the bag! Do the people which donate receive a stuffed .700 N.E with a name on it?
No just a picture of it!

No just a picture of it!
Is it signed by the .700 NE saying thanks very much and if it wasn't for your donation I wont have a warm home in the chamber of a lovely rifle.

I promise you that what ever your paying per round for the DGX is nothing compared to what I paid per round of Norma 500 NE loaded with Woodleigh solids :eek:. I will definitely have to start hand loading for this cartridge ASAP!

-matt

I promise you that what ever your paying per round for the DGX is nothing compared to what I paid per round of Norma 500 NE loaded with Woodleigh solids :eek:. I will definitely have to start hand loading for this cartridge ASAP!

-matt
I saw some 500 nitro express down in Juneau they were $180 a box for 20, he had two boxes. I don’t know whether that’s a good price or not.

Reloading definitely the way to go.

I saw some 500 nitro express down in Juneau they were $180 a box for 20, he had two boxes. I don’t know whether that’s a good price or not.

depends on the brand, could be a good price. 500 NE ranges from $5-$15 per cartridge depending on the brand. I recently bought a box of Norma 500 NE for $150 and the box only had 10 cartridges in it! you can find deals on Hornady for around $100 per box of 20 from time to time but this is more of an exception rather then the rule.

my double should be regulated for Federal ammunition loaded with Woodleigh Hydro's. these are $205 per box of 20 from Grafs.

if you shoot anything bigger then a 375 then hand loading is pretty much required to shoot on a regular basis unless you are one of the lucky people who doesn't worry about money.

-matt

depends on the brand, could be a good price. 500 NE ranges from $5-$15 per cartridge depending on the brand. I recently bought a box of Norma 500 NE for $150 and the box only had 10 cartridges in it! you can find deals on Hornady for around $100 per box of 20 from time to time but this is more of an exception rather then the rule.

my double should be regulated for Federal ammunition loaded with Woodleigh Hydro's. these are $205 per box of 20 from Grafs.

if you shoot anything bigger then a 375 then hand loading is pretty much required to shoot on a regular basis unless you are one of the lucky people who doesn't worry about money.

-matt
I believe these were Hornaday, but this guy in Juneau was the only place in town where you could buy guns or ammunition. When Sportsmans moved in down there it kind of put him out of business. But he did charge high on EVERYTHING. I don’t believe the Hornaday ammunition cost that much that was just his high markup.

My name is Pondoro and I am a sinner. I have started the process of rebuilding my ZKK 602 from .458Win. to .500 Jeffery..

The voices in my head says it is the ultimate for elephant hunting.. :Smuggrin: :W A Bullets:

My name is Pondoro and I am a sinner. I have started the process of rebuilding my ZKK 602 from .458Win. to .500 Jeffery..

The voices in my head says it is the ultimate for elephant hunting.. :Smuggrin: :W A Bullets:

I think I’ll become a sinner too. Tossing up 416 Rigby/Remington or 375. I fell the 416 Rem would be the go.
The 500 J I feel would be too much for me (wimp dog ).

My name is Peter but I'm not addicted, but I have 375 H&H, 375 Ruger, 375 RUM, 404 Jefferies, 416 Taylor, 2-416 Rigbys, 425 WR, 458 Win Mag, 458 Lott, 470 NE, 505 Gibbs. In older calibers 45/70 and 405 Win. But I am not addicted.

Time to up date since this post I have added a 450/400 a 500/450 another 458 Win, another 375 H&H a 50 Alaskan and a 45/70 handgun and I'm still not addict

I don't know if these apply but I have 2 50 BMGs and a 416 Barrett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross