Better Late Than Never

Haha, I think at that point I’d put no more than 50 rds through that rifle at the range so I’m not completely sure what that 6.5 can do yet, though it wouldn’t have been my first choice for a hunting caliber despite quite a few positive reviews out there. Definitely one of the calibers that gets a lot of shade from the more seasoned hunters, and a few raised eyebrows from the outfitters
Looks like it did the job just fine, more than likely because you did yours by placing a proper bullet in the proper location. Now that you are an official AH member we will have to ramp up the pressure for your first .375 rifle. :cool:
 
Hello le-chausson,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

As for the 6.5 Creedmor, the guys who poke fun at it are just having a bit of good natured humor.
I would bet a large pizza that, all of them if they only had two choices, would rather hunt with a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle than to stay home and mow the lawn.
Anyway, I have shot two Polynesian wild boars with a Guide’s / PH’s 6.5 Creedmoor rifle, out at Hawaii.
These boars took one each Hornady brand 140 grain bullet.

I do not recall exactly what the PH’s range finder indicated but, my feeble old memory recalls something around 165 yards or 150 meters ?
Anyway, both oinkers showed an exit wound, indicating that each bullet had expanded properly.
Neither animal had to be tracked at all.

Likewise, I have a CZ Model 550FS rifle in Caliber 6.5x55 (exact same projectiles as your rifle, traveling at almost exactly the same velocity) and it is one of my favorite hunting rifles, in North America where I live.
The various little 6.5 MM bore rifles are IMO, extremely well suited to deer and swine hunting.
Likewise, I have to presume that most all the 6.5’s, when loaded with today’s tough bullets, will also work quite well on the multitude of similar sized African game.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
 
Welcome to the dark side, it's never too late to start hunting and join the greatest fraternity in the world. Looks like you've made a great start.
 
Welcome and good that you've come in to the hunting fraternity. Good luck with you future hunts.
 
Welcome to AH and the posting side! Nice to have you part of our community.
 
Welcome to AH! Enjoy the forum.
 
Welcome welcome welcome
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,439
Messages
1,576,365
Members
170,562
Latest member
MavisWoods
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top