Best Place to Sell Firearms etc?

WebleyGreene455

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hi y'all,

If this is in the wrong place, maybe someone can move it and I apologize in advance.

I need to raise a little capital for something else and I want to sell off a couple of firearms and perhaps some other related items, but I don't know the best place to do it. I have a GunBroker buyer account but I'm a bit loathe to deal with setting up to sell right now. I have a GunsInternational account and it seems a bit easier to set up for, bar having to pay to list. And since I have multiple items I want to list (both firearms and perhaps non), paying $15 per listing would mount up fast if I go the whole hog with it. Non firearms could go on Etsy or Ebay but I'm really kinda trying to make this as simple as possible for me and do it as fast as possible too.

I figure I'd start with a WTS on here out of trust and politeness with you fine folks. Obviously this is not that WTS, just a question about where to start. PM me if you're curious about what I'll be offering or can offer suggestions on pricing etc, 'cause I'm not gonna put that public until I actually make an official WTS.

I appreciate any help y'all can offer.

Thanks,
~~W.G.455

To tell you the truth, I have sold a few pistols over the last dozen years and each of them was placed on consignment with a gun shop that advertises on Gun Broker. With one of the pistols there was a bidding war on GB and I reaped the extra cash that it brought in after all the fees were charged.

The nice thing of doing it that way was that everything was out of my hands except for cashing the check that I received.

To tell you the truth, I have sold a few pistols over the last dozen years and each of them was placed on consignment with a gun shop that advertises on Gun Broker. With one of the pistols there was a bidding war on GB and I reaped the extra cash that it brought in after all the fees were charged.

The nice thing of doing it that way was that everything was out of my hands except for cashing the check that I received.
Consignment is certainly an option. I dunno if any of my LGS advertise on there.

Do you have a local auction company that does gun auctions?
We have one in our town that has ammo and sporting goods sales, as well as firearms sales. Some even have online bidding and that sure helps thing sell for a better price.

Do you have a local auction company that does gun auctions?
We have one in our town that has ammo and sporting goods sales, as well as firearms sales. Some even have online bidding and that sure helps thing sell for a better price.
A good question! A quick search says there are a couple of auction houses here. I figured there would be in a city like this once I thought about it. One appears to be fairly upscale, very "Wealthy Southern families only, poors need not apply" vibe to it. There is one that holds a large auction/sale quite near me on a regular basis, could be worthwhile checking them out.

One google result comes back for what I would charitably hazard as "An utter scam, stay away perchance..."

A good question! A quick search says there are a couple of auction houses here. I figured there would be in a city like this once I thought about it. One appears to be fairly upscale, very "Wealthy Southern families only, poors need not apply" vibe to it. There is one that holds a large auction/sale quite near me on a regular basis, could be worthwhile checking them out.

One google result comes back for what I would charitably hazard as "An utter scam, stay away perchance..."
List them here on AH. I've had good luck and you know who you're dealing with,

I'm a fan of showing some love to the community here by seeing if you can get some deals worked out with other members, assuming you have the time to do so. How about paying a general list of ones you are "thinking" of selling and see what kind of response you get. If enough interest is shown, then you could do formal listings for each. Btw, what part of the world are you located in? Might be cool to work out a local deal with another member.

Yes, you could try here first on the classifieds and if you don't get the offer you want, then post them for sale on another site. In keeping up with @TOBY458's sales practice, if you could take a photo of them on your kitchen counter, it would be greatly appreciated. LOL

Yes, you could try here first on the classifieds and if you don't get the offer you want, then post them for sale on another site. In keeping up with @TOBY458's sales practice, if you could take a photo of them on your kitchen counter, it would be greatly appreciated. LOL
Not just any kitchen counter will produce the same results. There's magic in my counter top. Lol!

Not just any kitchen counter will produce the same results. There's magic in my counter top. Lol!
Lolol well my current countertop isn't big enough anymore, at least not for the rifles.

But some of the older photos I've taken for this site, those WERE on my old countertop just with a sheet down to keep the granite and the rifle separated and to have a clean background.

I agree with y'all wholly and will be posting them on here rather than GB, GI, or wherever. I'm trying to raise some extra capital for the buffalo-huntin' Sharps I've been lusting after for a good few years (or the buffalo-huntin' rolling-block that has lately been in competition with it in my mind) and I'm happy to let what I've got for sale go to you fine folks. Aside from the rifles, there are a few pieces of 20th century militaria, non-firing replica firearms, and some miscellaneous I'd like to put up. A full list will be forthcoming once I can get photos etc set up.

I'm a fan of showing some love to the community here by seeing if you can get some deals worked out with other members, assuming you have the time to do so. How about paying a general list of ones you are "thinking" of selling and see what kind of response you get. If enough interest is shown, then you could do formal listings for each. Btw, what part of the world are you located in? Might be cool to work out a local deal with another member.
State of GA, USA. I'd be delighted to try for local stuff and even just know there's folks nearby! Heck I can't be the only person in my city on here... I hope...

Gotta post a price in a for sale ad, nicht wahr? I seem to have seen several scoldings about that. Could say "$87,000 OBO" I guess.

My advice - post them on here for a price you’d be happy to sell them at. You might not find buyers at the price you want. That’s ok. Some get offended by what they consider “low ball” offers, so make it clear in the sales ad if your price is “firm” and not open to negotiation. If you don’t get the offer you want, you can list it on gunbroker and take whatever someone is willing to pay.

The auction house (and gunbroker) come with pretty steep fees sometime. A $1000 on AH in a direct sale is much better than a $1000 strike price at auction.

I typically either use GunBroker or the classifieds here.

-Matt

Good evening all,

Re: what I'll be putting up for sale, there'll be two rifles (a third may go on the market in a few months' time) and if there's interest, some militaria and such.

1x Pedersoli reproduction of a Springfield Trapdoor cavalry carbine (.45-70). This rifle is new out of box, never been fired or even dropped once. Must go to an FFL if shipped.

1x Carl Gustafs Stadt m/95 Mauser (6.5mm Swede). This rifle is used, as it's over 100 years old at this point, but I have never shot it while it's been in my possession. Circa 1899, unfortunately too late to count as an antique but can go to a CNR/FFL holder if shipped.

Militaria will include but may not be limited to 1x Spanish M1942/79 "stahlhelm"-type helmet, 1x German Luftschutz steel helmet (shell only), and 1x Swiss army rucksack (green rubberized canvas or leather, I think). I also am considering offloading some collectible swords (modern-made, movie tie-ins or otherwise) and some nerdy memorabilia.

Again, I will post an official WTS here once I get photos sorted but if anyone has an interest in any of the items mentioned above, please do PM me. Firearms would be nice to do local but anything can be shipped.

Thanking y'all,
~~W.G.455

List them here on AH. I've had good luck and you know who you're dealing with,
i have sold so many things over the years since i started on AH.com. here is what i do. i offer whatever i am selling here first always telling everyone it is exclusive here for two weeks. after that i go to either Gunsinternational first Gunbroker second. i have found over the years maybe 5% of my items for sale ever make it beyond here until it’s sold. i do not know you well…this forum knows me well…if you are fairly new here you need to let people know who you are, get comfortable and you can sell your items with no fees or hassle. Here we each are about our reputations so it is a very safe selling and buying place. Good luck

my apologies…i see you are not new here at all!!! you just have not sold things. post in our classifieds with great confidence and not pay fees or have any problems with payment!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AiWinClubApp

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

SETH RINGER wrote on RR 314's profile.
HOW MUCH ARE THEY?? PLAIN? CAMO? THX, SETH
USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.