Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
England year round and Namibia x5.
Here's a simple one. I'm hunting Namibia in August, which is the most appropriate colour jacket to wear?

fjallravenravenjacketsand.jpg
15a-2991000585999.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read on these forums anything is acceptable, including pink if your brave enough. But seriously IMHO either color would be fine.

Agree, either of those should be fine, although my personal preference is the darker color.

And, I'm thinking seriously about doing a hunt one morning in a pink shirt just to prove a point! :)

Agree, either of those should be fine, although my personal preference is the darker color.

And, I'm thinking seriously about doing a hunt one morning in a pink shirt just to prove a point! :)
If you do a hunt in a pink shirt then so will I. One day in the middle of Wyoming where no one will see me, but I'll do it.

If you do a hunt in a pink shirt then so will I. One day in the middle of Wyoming where no one will see me, but I'll do it.

I'm thinking Springbok might be good.... They have all those fancy colors anyway!!! LOL

You'll know within the next couple of weeks if you need to get a pink shirt for the fall. I leave for SA next Wednesday and my pink Tootabi shirt will be packed!!!!

I'm thinking Springbok might be good.... They have all those fancy colors anyway!!! LOL

You'll know within the next couple of weeks if you need to get a pink shirt for the fall. I leave for SA next Wednesday and my pink Tootabi shirt will be packed!!!!
I think I'll wear it for my pronghorn hunt, I've worn bright white while hunting them and they seem to be very curious about it. Pink should really blow their minds. I don't think I'll wear pink on my New Zealand hunt coming up the end of this month, I don't want to answer all the questions that I'm sure would arise.
My apologies to the OP for getting off topic.

I can't wait to see pictures of that! Make sure you get Loodt to accompany you in his as well!

I prefer the green as well but I agree with others that I don't think it matters.

Not to confuse the issue but I think you may wear Camo in Namibia. Might save you buying another jacket. Here speaks the mean Scot.

Yep either works. In fact I have both.

Either will work fine. The lighter is close to the grass color in Namibia during hunting season. The darker is closer to the leaves. So, I suppose in theory which is the better choice depends on whether you will be walking or crawling while on the stalk. But really there is very little difference.

The vast majority of camouflage is movement, attention to shadows, etc. rather than what clothing one is wearing. Pick whichever one you like and never worry about it again.

Thank you for your answers Gents.

And for your revelations too. Nice to see that in the testosterone fuelled hunting arena, we keep in touch with our feminine side!

Good point Spike. I'm anticipating cold starts and am looking at a lightweight bush jacket as per the above images. I will be layering up and layering off as the temperature rises through the day as opposed to wearing a big heavy coat and having nothing in between.

most people prior to their first trip have no idea how cold it is on the back of a vehicle with the wind chill thrown in. especially in the most popular months may to sept , and even when it gets into the hotter months it still can be cold early mornings.

Yep, I've got long sleeved base layers, shirts, windproof fleece, neck gaiter, gloves, thick beanie hat and glasses to keep the sun and wind out of my eyes and the lightweight jacket is to go over the top and to use with a shirt/t-shirt as it warms up and I can get my shorts on.

I'd go with the darker, I took a few of the British Tan shirts and pants and they were just too light for South Africa (Haven't hunted Namibia -YET!!)
Also, I took a light wool sweater for layering and it worked great!!
Material is more important for the thorns and crawling and scraping noise.

Interesting greyfox. I had always worn camouflage clothing, as that's what I have, but in Zim it's banned. Now, I don't think its all that important as I have seen guys with bits and bobs of camo on - although admittedly not full camo suits - but I took some of my other stuff the first time. Too light indeed greyfox. I felt that I stood out in the bush. So, last time, darker stuff all round and much more comfortable. As I have said before right enough, I have been in the company of a tracker wearing a white t shirt and red trousers!!!
If we were not so gullible the clothing companies would go out of business.

We all have our preferences. I don't think the animals care all that much. But others do. I once had my long pants in the laundry, and it was too cold for shorts only, so I was heading out with my (purple - all they had in the local town!) long underwear and shorts. PH said no way. Didn't want to go hunting with a wierdo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg