Best jacket colour

I would take the green one.
I am also partial to the layers principle. Cotton shirt, cotton hunting vest, and light cotton hunting jacket in realtree camo. Plus a light polar fleece if it´s cold. I also take a medium polar fleece in case there is some night hunting. It can get very cold in Africa during the night.
 
I would take the green one.
I am also partial to the layers principle. Cotton shirt, cotton hunting vest, and light cotton hunting jacket in realtree camo. Plus a light polar fleece if it´s cold. I also take a medium polar fleece in case there is some night hunting. It can get very cold in Africa during the night.

I'm with you on the layers and how cold it can get at night. I prefer wool to synthetic fleece. Fleece is warmer pound for pound, less fussy about laundry conditions, and dries faster. But synthetic clothing near a fire gives me bad vibes, and I do like to sit near a fire.
 
Memory lane, I used to hike ALOT, Long distance, Appalachian trail stuff. Saw this lady in her PINK Long Johns, Guess she'd bought them in town (It was really cold that year) and as the day warmed she started shedding layers? Anyway, Big Girl, Stay Puff Marsh mellow Lady in Pink!!
 
Pondoro, love the cartridge loops, hate the breast pocket on whichever side is the shooting side. A padded shoulder would have been just so much better. I suppose I could add to that, a padded shoulder with an internal pocket to place a sorbothane pad if it was needed - a la Cabela's "John Rigby " waistcoat - I think you colonials call it a vest - which a friend of mine gave me. With a bit of thought this could have been quite a good jacket. Pity that this happens so often with all sorts of shooting equipment now. OK in town, poor on the hill.
 
But is it not a better idea to weight/balance whatever rifle you use, bolt or double so you dont need the padding..? Have tried padded shoulders too....not much recoil difference to me..

Just my $ 0.02...
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,363
Messages
1,574,210
Members
169,956
Latest member
amapmerigh1987
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top