Daktari

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
US: FL, ME
I was wondering what your guys opinions on the best location to do a small hunting trip during your honeymoon being the planner I am haha. The criteria I'm interested in would be tropical, beaches, watersports, and beautiful sights. Based on that I've come up with New Caledonia and Mauritius look good, leaning towards New Caledonia though.

Portugal or Spain might be an option, assuming your looking for something after the travel restrictions are lifted.

Mazatlan Mexico.... I just got back. Awesome duck hunting, there’s trophy bass fishing on Salto, Deep sea fishing, great restaurants.... very affordable.

Yeah its just a hypothetical and something that crossed my mind.

Try Queensland? You've got all the well-established tourist hot spots on the Gold Coast, Fraser Island plus the Great Barrier Reef (marlin fishing?). Then do some wild boar and both axis red deer hunting nearby. The Aussie dollar is lower than a snake's asshole at the moment so you're in for a bargain - why go elsewhere?

Darwin is good too: barramundi fishing with plenty of wild boar, banteng and water buffalo to hunt - and maybe a bit of wing shooting thrown in as well!! (y)

Hawaii and hunt axis deer.

Mauritius me thinks....although there are some lovely sand banks in the luangwa and Zambezi rivers for lounging around on and building sandcastles.....:D

Lol! What are the laws on shooting hippos and crocs for self defense?

My vote is for Mauritius.
Great vacation spot and the hunting is easily accessed for a short excursion.

Hawaii if you are dead set on hunting.
If you would opt to fish rather than hunt, Florida Keys (go after tarpon, bonefish, permit), Belize, the options are endless if you go this route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeonardMrh

Latest profile posts

ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair
Roan hunt of a life time !

IHC-KB5 wrote on Huvius's profile.
Thanks for catching the Flanged brass - much appreciated!