Best "Flat Shooting" caliber to take to the "Dark Continent"

Acutally I think a wildcat 22-460 magnum would be about perfect.
@375er
The 22 Flintstone eye bunger made on a 50BMG case has already been proven to be a flat shooter. Short barrel life but very very fast.
Yes it is a real cartridge that someone did.
Bob

Ummm…6.5? Obviously you have never experienced the mind numbing power of the 2-4-3
@ BourbonTrail
That is even funnier than the manbun. Dang I almost spat my Bundy out laughing but didn't want to waste it.
Bob

So I am a little surprised and disappointed that someone hasn't posed this question yet, along with the obvious answer.

The best "flat shooting" caliber to take to the "Dark Continent" The 6.5 Creedmoor of course.

:A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :E Happy:
Hey, I know. What about a PROPER .375? You know the original H&H version. One gun for all of Africa.

@375er - Not a 22/460, but this is close...

The Eargesplitten Loudenboomer is a real cartridge. It's a .22 caliber bullet housed in a necked down 378WBY casing. Originally developed by PO Ackley with the goal of reaching 5000 fps, however the highest achieved was 4600 fps.

1661681045010.png

I can't even think of a response to compare with this nonsense.

Starting with 6.5Creedmoor should get you a suspension at least.

Secondly, the Great Guru has tried to enlighten us to the fast .25 cartridges.

Now think about it because the .257 projectile in the same given weight is going to slip through the air faster.

Think back to the .257Roberts (aka .257Bob)

Now why didn't the great Hornady engineers and R&D team think about that or consult The Colonel who would have given them guidance to create something even greater than the 6.5Creedmoor, we could have had the .25Nelson-Whelen produced on that same case and save on any version of improved.

I was going to say . 300wm but Y'all got me started and I just rambled on again.
@CBH Australia
Chris me thinks you need a few more Bundy's mate, the 25 you are talking about is already known as the 25 ought six. With a 100gn TTSX at 3,400fps it's flat shooting out to 500 yards and good for the smaller pg and probably 300 for a lot of others. @One day knocked all his pg over with a 257 Weatherby with the same projectiles at the same speed. So yes the fast 25s are capable
Bob

:ROFLMAO:
you guys are so full of shit!!! this forum makes me smile!
@dirthawker
You are so right especially that clown @CoElkHunter. Imagine recommending the 338 any thing for long range flat shooting. The only thing sillier is someone mentioning the 243 or man bun for the same job.
I'm still laughing at some of the responses.

What, you allowed your son to hunt with a .243? Really?

No, C'mon, your pulling my leg. Surely you are just trying to stir Bob.
@CBH Australia
Chris don't tell me you have see the light my son and now regret your folly of getting a 243 for hunting. A purpose it was never designed for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
18whlsrolin

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross