Best "Flat Shooting" caliber to take to the "Dark Continent"

WE have young shooters at our range that think the 300 Black with a 8 -24 AO scope out is about equal to a 50 BMG
Yes, because they are both "Tacti-Cool"

There is a lot of good hunting to be had with the 6mm cartridges. My son shot more game than I did with his .243W. Not everything weighs 200kg +. Your 6mm Rem would make a great second rifle.
What, you allowed your son to hunt with a .243? Really?

No, C'mon, your pulling my leg. Surely you are just trying to stir Bob.

My posting about the cartridge 460 WBY-Magnum was meant seriously.

I hunted in Africa with my old Brevex rifle caliber 460 WBY-Magnum for years, mainly shooting buffalo with it, but since I only ever had this rifle with me, I also shot many other species with it and that sometimes also at longer distances.
Hey, don't take it too seriously.

I have no issue with you or your choice. The thread was started in jest to promote some fun conversation.

You can join in and poke fun at the nonsense or ignore it but don't take it to heart.

I'm planning a wildcat based on my pet 8x68S necked down to .30 cal...
Could "300 Dark Continent" (300DC) sound wild enough?
It’s the 30 BooBoo

So I am a little surprised and disappointed that someone hasn't posed this question yet, along with the obvious answer.

The best "flat shooting" caliber to take to the "Dark Continent" The 6.5 Creedmoor of course.

:A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :E Happy:

It all depends if you have been drinking while shooting/hunting.

So I am a little surprised and disappointed that someone hasn't posed this question yet, along with the obvious answer.

The best "flat shooting" caliber to take to the "Dark Continent" The 6.5 Creedmoor of course.

:A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :A Stirring: :E Happy:

1661455841041.png

1661455877678.png

1661455940961.png

should I upload a pic of my threaded .22 LR 10/22 barrel (with thread protector) now? :D
Only if you remove that and put the brake back on it.
e-big-grin.gif

8.jpg

9.jpg

20200710_232238.jpg

Everyone forgot about the mighty 204 Ruger at 3850fps 32gr monolithic bullet!!!
Sorry for the graphic photos but those impala didnt feel a thing.

^^^^^ And no meat spoiled ^^^^^

@375 Ruger Fan
You is a funny Vegemite mate.
Please tell us more funny stories like how to make a 243 a good cartridge.
Bob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.