Best Drink You've Had on Safari?

500ml Beer mug in the deep freezer to become frosted and then pour a ice cold Tafel Lager into the mug :D Cheers:
On my Namibia hunt last fall, we cut the dust every afternoon with an ice cold Tafel. It became a welcome ritual for our first drink around the fire each night.

I brought a bottle of jack Daniel’s gold to Tanzania and told the bartender we weren’t opening it until we got the leopard.

IMG_2606.JPG
Well day 14 last sit we got the leopard and we’re drinking it by 10 am! Makes for a long day and an afternoon nap after the celebration!!!

I brought a bottle of jack Daniel’s gold to Tanzania and told the bartender we weren’t opening it until we got the leopard.

View attachment 462773Well day 14 last sit we got the leopard and we’re drinking it by 10 am! Makes for a long day and an afternoon nap after the celebration!!!
Saw your leopard in the DSC publication. Congratulations!

IMG_2319.JPG

Well since I was a teen my last few times in Africa I have to say the classic original sparletta Crème soda was the best.

Saw your leopard in the DSC publication. Congratulations!

I wish I was a talented writer because it was an adventure! Two different fly camps, Lion intruders, too many leopards on bait to feed! Nathan Askew’s Tanzania areas are as close to Roosevelt’s African Game Trails as you can get.
IMG_2459.JPG

Someone mentioned some fellow brought a bottle of 50 year Macallan. $35k is the starting price tag on that bad boy.

$200-300 is the sweet spot for high end whisky and tequilla. Over that it just becomes a fashion statement and taste does not really improve.

Last edited:

View attachment 462773Well day 14 last sit we got the leopard and we’re drinking it by 10 am! Makes for a long day and an afternoon nap after the celebration!!!

The real question is did they use it during the 2021 season to celebrate? I heard they did really well with the cats again… @Bullet Safaris

I wish I was a talented writer because it was an adventure! Two different fly camps, Lion intruders, too many leopards on bait to feed! Nathan Askew’s Tanzania areas are as close to Roosevelt’s African Game Trails as you can get. View attachment 462830

If I was writing your story...

This would be called phase 3 of 4 (Phase 4 is where the dead leopard and the AM drinking comes in).

Phase 3 consists of the 'most' remote fly camp in Africa (As opposed to just a 'very' remote fly camp as seen in phase 2).

To understand that you have to know about phase 1. Phase 1 is where the team build a beautiful camp about as far away from civilization as you can get, complete with satellite wifi, solar power system, ice machine and a butler.

As the leopard kept getting bigger we left Phase 1 for Phase 2, and eventually for Phase 3 and 4. We took the butler on all Phases.

@spike.t
To save hassle and disappointment with the local brews that I did try. To say they were absolute shit is an understatement. I took 2 bottles of Bundy RUM.
Bob

Well bob if our stuff is shit...that bundy crap smells and tastes as I would imagine liquid manure to.....had one sip and it took all sorts of drinks and sweets ages to eradicate the revolting flavour from my mouth ...its like it also has glue in it to stick to your taste buds etc.....never again... :E Nono: :A Vomit:.....:D Beers:

I am not an alcohol drinker so take your pick: bottled water, coffee, milk, and a few soda pops (Sprite and Coke). All were very welcome when I chose them.

@M Whitley ... Love that tarp/bedding photo. Outstanding!!!

If I was writing your story...

This would be called phase 3 of 4 (Phase 4 is where the dead leopard and the AM drinking comes in).

Phase 3 consists of the 'most' remote fly camp in Africa (As opposed to just a 'very' remote fly camp as seen in phase 2).

To understand that you have to know about phase 1. Phase 1 is where the team build a beautiful camp about as far away from civilization as you can get, complete with satellite wifi, solar power system, ice machine and a butler.

As the leopard kept getting bigger we left Phase 1 for Phase 2, and eventually for Phase 3 and 4. We took the butler on all Phases.

Better explained than I could do! I will say the staff that left phase 3 “the most remote fly camp in Africa” to get the rest of my clothes from main camp left before sunrise in one of the fleet of cruisers and returned well after dinner that night.

@Bullet Safaris can provide a real wilderness hunt if you have the courage to do it!

A couple weeks I will never forget and memories that cross my mind daily.

Windhoek Lager. Perfect after a morning hunt. Way better than any brew coming out of RSA. Although RSA produces many truly excellent wines.

Is that in a green bottle? If so I think that's what I drank a many of in Namibia. It was a very good beer.

Must have been very many if you can only remember it came in a green bottle... :E Rofl: :D Drunk:

The last night I zig zagged back to my quarters. I don't remember ever really looking at a label. The first night my PH said he wanted the beer in the green bottle so I followed suit and stuck with it for 10 days. Damn good stuff.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross