Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Eastern Cape, SA; KY, OH, IN, WI, AL, KS, ND, TX-USA
Apologies for a late introduction, I've been on this site for a couple months gleaning info for a hunt next year in the East Cape, SA. This forum is an tremendous resource, I honestly wouldn't have been so eager to get my first safari booked without it. I've been reading some of the safari reviews this weekend, several long-time members pointed out the number of new members popping up and not giving out any info on themselves. So I wanted to rectify that.
I love to bird hunt, go to Wisconsin every year for grouse and woodcock, Kansas for pheasant and quail. I share a deer lease in northern Kentucky with several cousins, usually nothing spectacular is seen but it's a great group of guys to hunt with. Not much else to say but thanks for advice given to my questions.
Regards
Ron

Welcome to AH Ron! Nice to have you on the posting side and looking forward to your contribution.

:S Welcome:

Welcome to AH!

Ron, welcome to the forum! Your hunting camp with your family sounds excellent! It doesn’t have to have giants to be a grand family experience. I’m envious!
I too love upland hunting behind my old GSP. He and I have been fortunate enough to hunt from Montana to Texas and most states between. At 14 I’m not sure how many more hunts we have left together.

A man and his dog is one of life’s best experiences! IMO

Welcome! Have a great time on your eastern cape hunt.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH sir!

Welcome to AH Ron. Looking at your profile, I take it you’re from the Cincinnati area. KY is turning out some big deer.
You are correct that this is a great site for African hunting info.
Congratulations on booking your first safari. There is nothing like a FIRST safari. Who are you booked with?

Welcome to AH, Ron!

Welcome to AH Ron. Looking at your profile, I take it you’re from the Cincinnati area. KY is turning out some big deer.
You are correct that this is a great site for African hunting info.
Congratulations on booking your first safari. There is nothing like a FIRST safari. Who are you booked with?
Yes sir, Cincinnati it is! Worst part of Ohio for fishing and hunting opportunities!
I'm hunting with Nick Bowker Hunting safari by Bedford, East Cape SA, next year in July.
Good to see another Ohio guy on here!

I appreciate the kind welcomes. This forum is obviously a class act. Rapidly becoming my favorite place to check out all things hunting.

Yes sir, Cincinnati it is! Worst part of Ohio for fishing and hunting opportunities!
I'm hunting with Nick Bowker Hunting safari by Bedford, East Cape SA, next year in July.
Good to see another Ohio guy on here!
Actually originally from Dayton, KY, right across the river.

Ron, welcome to the forum! Your hunting camp with your family sounds excellent! It doesn’t have to have giants to be a grand family experience. I’m envious!
I too love upland hunting behind my old GSP. He and I have been fortunate enough to hunt from Montana to Texas and most states between. At 14 I’m not sure how many more hunts we have left together.

A man and his dog is one of life’s best experiences! IMO
Thank you, Ridgewalker. I could only guess at how grand some of your bird hunts have been, and how many of them. I'm envious of that!
The Brittany in my avatar is my best friend's dog, now 9 years old, finally slowing down but likely an even better hunter. Looking forward to another trip to northern Wisconsin in early October.

Actually originally from Dayton, KY, right across the river.
Another displaced Kentuckian. Even better! Fort Thomas and Erlanger, KY for me until my Dad's workplace moved to northern Cincinnati in the late '60's. So you know about the magic breakfast meat, GOETTA, and Empress/Dixie/Skyline/Goldstar chili then!

Giday Ron and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome sir, happy to have you.

Welcome aboard Ron. You are correct in your assessment of AH. It is filled with knowledgeable hunters that are willing to share their experiences. If you still have any questions, just ask them.

Welcome to the dark side and the start of your African hunting addiction. Congrats on booking your first safari you will enjoy the eastern cape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg