Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Zambia, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Hungary, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Gents, Last may I had the opportunity to take a fabulous black bear in British Columbia with Kevan Bracewell's BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters. Kevan asked if I would be willing to write an article about the hunt for the "Mountain Hunter" quarterly. It just came out in publication to day. Thought some of you might find it interesting. I should note, Kevan's operation is the finest spot and stalk spring bear hunting I am aware of anywhere on the continent.

Bridge River Bear Assault (3).pdf

Bridge River Bear Assault (1).jpg
Bridge River Bear Assault (2).jpg
Bridge River Bear Assault (3).jpg
Bridge River Bear Assault (4).jpg

Attachments

• Bridge River Bear Assault (3).pdf
    7 MB · Views: 555
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information, I have been looking for a black bear hunt in BC. Its nice to see someone recommended like this.

Stud of a black bear. Congrats. How many bears do you think you saw in an average day? What size bears do they seem to take as an average? Sounds like a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

Stud of a black bear. Congrats. How many bears do you think you saw in an average day? What size bears do they seem to take as an average? Sounds like a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.
Bruce
Each of the two trips up there I saw something over two dozen boar during each seven days of hunting. I would estimate that half are color phase with cinnamon predominant. The big one I took last year was the largest I have taken. Every year they take One or two in that class. Most are like the one taken by my friend in the last picture which is still a nice wilderness bear.

Article downloaded....coffee hot....morning set.....:A Coffee: Thanks for sharing this.

Red leg, have you ever thought of writing a book similar to the one John Sharpe wrote about his life and hunting adventures? There is seemingly no end to the enviable and or memorable hunts you've been on. I thoroughly enjoy reading about your hunting exploits. Thanks for sharing.

Another great story Joe and a heck of a bear! Huge by my standards for a black bear!

Great read, thanks for sharing. I'm headed to Port McNeil on the north end of Vancouver Island to take a young new hunter on his first black bear hunt this May. I doubt we bang anything like the monster you have here , but we will have some fun. I will carry a 9.3x62, the young man will carry a 7mm rem mag.
Again a great read (y)
regards
Pat

Enjoyed the article Red Leg! Spot and stalk black bear hunting is one of my favorite hunts. I’ve got 12 bears under my belt but still looking for a big color phase bear, perhaps this outfit could fill that spot.

Cheers,
Cody

Red leg, have you ever thought of writing a book similar to the one John Sharpe wrote about his life and hunting adventures? There is seemingly no end to the enviable and or memorable hunts you've been on. I thoroughly enjoy reading about your hunting exploits. Thanks for sharing.
+1

Great write-up, thanks for posting. As others have suggested, I too think a book of your past trips would also be outstanding.

Great article, and a very good bear, congrats !

Enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing.

@Red Leg , Excellent article! I remember reading your hunting report from this hunt. Based off of that report, I contacted BC Trophy Mountain Outfitters. Hope to do a hunt with them in a few years.

Congrats, great bear and story.

Waidmannsheil zum Bären .
Great read,like I was there.
Stroke your Magyars from me.
Foxi

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.