Bad Taxidermy

My God, I thought I got screwed with the junk I received from Highveld, but this is flat out horrible. So, sorry you had to go through this. I wonder if that cat can be fixed by a real taxidermist?

My God, I thought I got screwed with the junk I received from Highveld, but this is flat out horrible. So, sorry you had to go through this. I wonder if that cat can be fixed by a real taxidermist?

Thank you! I’m sorry to hear about your taxidermy misfortune as well.

I saw the thread about restoring old taxidermy so i have hopes that someone can use the hide and maybe order a new form making it look appropriate.

Thanks! In the long run it may end up being too expensive to fix, but it's worth a try, or at least ask the question. Good luck to ya.

Yeah that was my first thought. Good luck to you!!!

Y
Hahaha you’re in better shape than me because I hate the mount and base equally!!! Paid extra for the rock/log!:LOL:
Yep I'm considering ripping the shitty bobcat off the rock and putting my full body mounted javelina on there instead lol

I think that’s a great idea! I may rip the cat off this one and just look at the log/rock!!! :unsure:

If it's a half way decent tan (hopeful wishing given the quality so far) it can be soaked up and remounted. The faster the better before the skin begins to absorb more and more memory to the current shape. Just saying it might be worth a shot if you turns your stomach to look at it.

I’m going to call one shop here in Alabama. If they can’t help or its an unreasonable price it will just be what it is.

View attachment 357514 I trapped this cat last year and decided to have it mounted. I waited patiently for 1 year and it was finally finished. I was so excited to pick it up but then....
Ouch! That SO reminds me of my ex-mother-in-law wearing her fake fur coat and thinking she’s all that. Lol.
I’m very sorry that happened to you.
When I was young I had an “experience taxidermist” offer to mount a black squirrel “for a few bucks”. What I got was what appeared to be a 3D rendering of a kindergartner’s drawing of weasel crossed with a dachshund...only worse.
Early lesson

Ouch! That SO reminds me of my ex-mother-in-law wearing her fake fur coat and thinking she’s all that. Lol.
I’m very sorry that happened to you.
When I was young I had an “experience taxidermist” offer to mount a black squirrel “for a few bucks”. What I got was what appeared to be a 3D rendering of a kindergartner’s drawing of weasel crossed with a dachshund...only worse.
Early lesson

gah that sounds horrible!!!! I’d love to see that!:ROFLMAO:

gah that sounds horrible!!!! I’d love to see that!:ROFLMAO:
Honestly, it would’ve made you feel a bit better. If only I wouldn’t have lit it on fire on his front step...along with his bill for $125 bucks. Lol.
(I was young ok?)

Hahaha I learned that pretty quick in life

Skin it off the mount and hoop stretch it like a beaver, it won't be a mount but atleast it'll show well on the wall and accurately represent the size of the cat.

Skin it off the mount and hoop stretch it like a beaver, it won't be a mount but atleast it'll show well on the wall and accurately represent the size of the cat.
II’ve considered that. I’ve also considered trying to get it remounted...

II’ve considered that. I’ve also considered trying to get it remounted...

Id be surprised if another taxidermist would tackle it. I'd be hoping to salvage the hide if I were you but thats just my opinion. The longer it stays on that foam the worse it's getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg