Back to AH.com and going back to Africa!

brushmore

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Back in January I took a new job in Michigan while my family stayed behind in Pennsylvania. This became quite the ordeal but finally we all moved and are now settled in Southeast Michigan. During all of this I had little time to visit around here but I still dreamed of Africa. But now that we are all settled I can concentrate on the important things like going back to Africa! I've scheduled a trip to the Eastern Cape with my wife and four kids for March. I am still not sure what we will be hunting yet but I'll figure that out soon enough. My oldest is a senior in college and my other three are in high school so this is going to be the one last family trip.

Anyone know of any clubs or ranges South of Detroit? I am looking for a place to practice for my trip in March.

cpr0312

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA Life Member
Hunted
US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe, Zambia
Glad your settled, welcome back! Awesome that your going to get the whole family there, best of luck in prepping for the trip and on the hunt itself!

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Glad you made it.

Hope someone knows a range you can use for some practice.

Where are you headed?

CAustin

Bronze supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
Hunted
South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
Welcome back to posting!

lcq

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA CSSA
Hunted
Canada, RSA
Back in January I took a new job in Michigan while my family stayed behind in Pennsylvania. This became quite the ordeal but finally we all moved and are now settled in Southeast Michigan. During all of this I had little time to visit around here but I still dreamed of Africa. But now that we are all settled I can concentrate on the important things like going back to Africa! I've scheduled a trip to the Eastern Cape with my wife and four kids for March. I am still not sure what we will be hunting yet but I'll figure that out soon enough. My oldest is a senior in college and my other three are in high school so this is going to be the one last family trip.

Anyone know of any clubs or ranges South of Detroit? I am looking for a place to practice for my trip in March.

Contact the NRA I believe they maintain a list of ranges across the country

enysse

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Welcome back, best of luck on the hunt trip!

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA

Bullthrower338

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe

billc

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
Glad to see your getting the family over to enjoy the trip. More important then what the peanut gallery has to say is what are you going back for this trip.
Don't worry about the haters on here you know your going to have a great time. I think with all the returning hunters it speaks loud enough for the haters to just stay jealous as they always have been.

BWH

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Ducks Unlimited, SCI, DSC & NRA
Hunted
USA, Mexico, RSA
Haters?

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BessCabena

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.
Rickmt wrote on Leica Sport Optics's profile.
will Leica Amplus 6-2.5x15x50 fit on a pro success Blaser with low mount?