AUSTRALIA: Just Returned From Aussie Buffalo Hunt

I had a superb hunt this year (2023)with Simon Kyle-Little Www.australianbiggamesafaris.com
Superb experience
Font of Knowledge
Took a wonderful old bull.
I’m going for banteng this year with Stephen Bunn of Walkabout Safaris

Attachments

• IMG_1513.jpeg
    IMG_1513.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
I had a superb hunt this year (2023)with Simon Kyle-Little Www.australianbiggamesafaris.com
Superb experience
Font of Knowledge
Took a wonderful old bull.
I’m going for banteng this year with Stephen Bunn of Walkabout Safaris
I been talking to dingo creek about a trip he has Banteng in his concession

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend Aaron Corbett at Australian Outback Buffalo Safaris. He was supposed to be at DSC in Dallas last week, but was in a wreck near Texarkana and ended up in hospital--but he's recovering and should be at Nashville for SCI.
He will put you on a great bull. As I said in my report above, if you like roughing it in the outback, his camp is perfect.
I have hunted with Aaron Corbett in the past . He is good . His camp has a basic charm which I really enjoyed . It was a lot of fun .

As I was researching I saw this ;(

Can I take my trophies with me?​

Unfortunately not, as export requirements are too onerous and you will risk having trophies confiscated.

I’m assuming All taxidermy or hide tanning, euro mounts must be done in the NT or Australia ? Surely the outfitter is Confused

I’m bumping up this thread because me and my friends are thinking about going for a buffalo, scrub bull & fishing trip to the NT .
any suggestions on outfitters ?
this whole gun import/export process may be the trump card that makes it possible not going ( as said above none of us want to leave our own guns @ home or possibly have to hassle with Aussie laws on export)
is this a fun trip for some amigos to go on compared to Africa?
Andrew Mackay treated us real well in 2011, when the hunt was over we just went to Police Dept in Darwin got export permit and flew home. contact me if you want his contact info

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djmviljoen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

NRA Life, ASSRA Life, GGCA Life
here with available dates for 2024/25

1-13 September 2024
14-31 October 2024
1-7 November 2024
18-24 November 2024

March 2025 is wide open!
12-17 April 2025
24-28 May 2025
15-21 June 2025
7-12 July 2025
22-28 July 2025
13-31 August 2025
15-30 September 2025

October and November 2025 is wide open!
Bill J H wrote on gearguywb's profile.
Do you still have this rifle? I'm in the KC area on business and I'm very interested.