Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Hi Everyone,

I have just returned from our Northern Territory where I have spent the last, hmmmm, 10 weeks. I got out of my state of Victoria just as our Premier announced yet another lockdown. We got to the South Australian border with 15 minutes to spare before our lockdown began.
Anyway I got to the N.T. and after a few days fishing, started making contact with friends in the Top End. I had buffalo and fishing trips planned with friends from the southern states but as the dates got closer it was becoming obvious that not all participants were going to make it due to the current lockdowns. With the first group of friends coming up from my home town being postponed it left me with time on my hands. Alex from Big Country Safaris asked if I'd like to come out and spend some time with him and his client hunting buffalo on his Central Arnhemland concession. That was too good of an offer to pass up so out we went. I spent 5 days out there chasing buff with Alex and his client seeing many, many mature buffalo. It was a great week with lots of km's walked and stalked.
After this I had a few days back with my daughter close to Darwin before being invited out to the Cobourg Peninsula where I would have a chance to hunt the rare banteng bulls of that area. This was another great offer that I couldn't pass up after running it past my understanding wife back home..... It was hot and windy that week but we saw and passed up numerus bulls. I finally shot mt my bull on the last day after a huge week of hunting on foot. This area is in a National Park so no driving off tracks is permitted so all serious scouting was done on Shanks Pony.
Back into Darwin for another couple of days before meeting up with @blacks, Benno and Jason from South Australia and Cam, our mate from Qld. where he had just moved to from Victoria. (Good move mate). Unfortunately 1 mate from Victoria and another from N.S.W. couldn't make it due to the current state lockdowns.
We headed south to Katherine and then onto Central Arnhemland for our hunt. The boys were all chasing buffalo bulls and if the chance arose, scrub bulls.
We had another fantastic week of hunting in what turned out to be rather hot conditions, reaching 41 degrees Celsius on one day. Man we drank some water on those days covering many km's looking over lots of buffalo.
The rest of my time was spent with my wife after she arrived, luckily, between Victorian lockdowns. We spent the time fishing salt and freshwater mainly chasing barramundi for which she outdid me.... I also spent a couple of evenings with a friend and his son chasing magpie geese on some Top End swamps.

Anyway I'll stop typing and start adding some photo's of a fantastic time away......

IMG_4691.JPG
IMG_4698.JPG
IMG_4706.JPG
IMG_4713.JPG
IMG_4716.JPG
IMG_4734.JPG
IMG_4800.JPG
IMG_4855.JPG
IMG_4884.JPG
IMG_4897.JPG
IMG_4905.JPG
IMG_4927.JPG
IMG_4936.JPG
IMG_5025.JPG
IMG_5035.JPG
IMG_5051.JPG
IMG_5076.JPG
IMG_5080.JPG
IMG_5139.JPG
IMG_5142.JPG
IMG_5172.JPG
IMG_5200.JPG
IMG_5208.JPG
IMG_5209.JPG
IMG_5218.JPG
IMG_5220.JPG
IMG_5241.JPG
IMG_5263.JPG
IMG_5270.JPG
IMG_5303.JPG
IMG_5307.JPG
IMG_5323.JPG
IMG_5325.JPG
IMG_5333.JPG
IMG_5357.JPG
IMG_5367.JPG
IMG_5382.JPG
IMG_5388.JPG
IMG_5392.JPG
IMG_5421.JPG
IMG_5428.JPG
IMG_5435.JPG
IMG_5437.JPG
IMG_7140.JPG
IMG_7142.JPG
IMG_2937.JPG
IMG_2940.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4870.JPG
    30.5 MB · Views: 162
  • IMG_4992.JPG
    25.6 MB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5240.JPG
    25.2 MB · Views: 154
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a great trip. Very productive.

Looks like a grand time and an imminently sane way to address COVID.

It appears you accomplished a lot of hunting along with hanging out at some nice beach areas for a while also. Congratulations it looks as if Covid hasn't affected you and your buddies too much......

Looks like a wonderful trip, congrats and thanks for sharing!

Well done!

I was set for my triumphant return to OZ for Sept 2021 for an epic helicopter in buff hunt in the NT.

Obviously that didn’t happen but I’m glad to see you’re able to live it up!

Thanks for the great pics, looks like you guys (and Lady), had a very good time :D Cheers:

Fantastic stuff mate, lockdown well spent. Some awesome animals there and even better memories ;) (y)

Till next year!

Cheers
Tim

Thanks fella's,

It was a good week blacks, thanks for the company. Depleted my water and energy reserves that's for sure :p

Was a great time and if anyone is looking for a buff/scrub bull hunt or a banteng hunt, I have just the right people.

Fantastic animals taken - that Banteng is a cracker! Certainly on my bucket list.

Thx for sharing … Big Congrats on a bang up good time (snazzy bush bar!) & the ‘proper way’ to spend time during another COVID Lockdown! o_O

Fantastic animals taken - that Banteng is a cracker! Certainly on my bucket list.

Man, after google eyeing :oops: thru this Full Monty hunt & fish adventure I’m starting to think - Australia is the next Map Pin & bucket-list destination!

@ Mark R … “DO IT”. :D Beers: Oh, soooo tempting to drive into that rabbit hole right now! I can confirm - I now know airline rates from Frankfurt to Darwin & locale to stick a new Map Pin! Thx for the eye opener …

@ Mark R … “DO IT”. :D Beers: Oh, soooo tempting to drive into that rabbit hole right now! I can confirm - I now know airline rates from Frankfurt to Darwin & locale to stick a new Map Pin! Thx for the eye opener …
Australia's Northern Territory is truly one of the great truly remote wilderness areas on the planet. Any keen hunter or outdoorsman should experience it at least once. ;) (y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,