Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
Thanks! Don't know how I missed it.

For whatever reason, I havent frequented an Arby's in years. After seeing their pro-hunting ads on TV along with the new announcement of serving venison I am seeking them out when I need a quick meal. Its nice to see a long standing business publicly take "our" side for a change.

I Googled to see where Arby's got the venison: Is it from pen raised deer or "free range?" Didn't come up with anything yet, but did see this:

http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.ssf/2016/10/arbys_venison_pennsylvania.html
The sandwiches will be available Nov. 25-27 at these Pennsylvania locations:
  • 5205 Library Road, Bethel Park
  • 4260 Ohio River Blvd., Bellevue
  • 16 Towne Center Drive, Leechburg
  • 2539 W State St., New Castle
  • 2648 Ellwood Road, New Castle
  • 3224 Wilmington Road, New Castle
Select locations in Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Tennessee and Wisconsin are also participating in the promotion.

Also, one location in Atlanta; http://atlantarestaurants.blog.ajc....serving-venison-next-week-and-its-in-atlanta/
The location at 4415 Roswell Rd. NE in Atlanta will be the only metro Atlanta spot to serve a venison sandwich from Nov. 4-6.

The restaurant locations in Minnesota that will be serving this interesting menu item are:

1690 Park Place Blvd, St. Louis Park, MN 55416
704 Highway 33 South, Cloquet, MN 55720
348 Lincoln Ave. SE, St. Cloud, MN 56301
3275 First St. S, St. Cloud, MN 56301

The venison sandwich will be available from November 4-6, 2016 at these particular locations.

Read More: Arby's to Serve Venison Sandwiches at 4 Minnesota Locations | http://quickcountry.com/arbys-to-se...s-at-4-minnesota-locations/?trackback=tsmclip

upload_2016-11-2_13-2-55.png

Good on them.

Never been to Arby's. How is it compared to other fast food establishments?

That looks real good!

Cool story. wish I was back in the states to give it a try.

-interesting to hear they are using the sous vide method to cook it. this is very smart as it ensures a consistent, almost prefect steak everytime. this cooking style is gaining traction in fancy restaurants and could be a game changer for fast food.

-sometimes our laws disappoint me. can't serve wild meat in a restaurant? people are missing out on so much.

Cool story. wish I was back in the states to give it a try.

-interesting to hear they are using the sous vide method to cook it. this is very smart as it ensures a consistent, almost prefect steak everytime. this cooking style is gaining traction in fancy restaurants and could be a game changer for fast food.

-sometimes our laws disappoint me. can't serve wild meat in a restaurant? people are missing out on so much.

so how are they getting by with selling wild meat,or is it farm grown??

Surely it is farm raised and USDA inspected or they are in for a world of hurt.

The article said farm raised stag from new Zealand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElviaJoine

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.