Any pipe smokers?

Timely! I am to provide the tobacco for two new churchwardens this weekend as my hunting partner and I have a big dinner to celebrate the start of fall seasons.

I've jotted down some of everyone's recommendations to look for. I was planning to visit the local shop tomorrow.

Timely! I am to provide the tobacco for two new churchwardens this weekend as my hunting partner and I have a big dinner to celebrate the start of fall seasons.

I've jotted down some of everyone's recommendations to look for. I was planning to visit the local shop tomorrow.
This is what my kids got me. Both my boys are USNA grads, the oldest is now out, but the younger just made Lieutenant. In their honor, I opened Officer's Club first. Very nice tobacco - Virginias, Burley's, black Cavendish, plus rum, spices, and a touch of vanilla.

1695781962772.jpeg

Please See Link & Attached.

You guys might enjoy this.

Enjoy!

I like Ashton, Costello and Mark Tinsky pipes. I like to smoke a pipe when fly fishing or around the fire when hunting or camping. It's relaxing for me. I try different brands but like Captain Black Royal, Granger, Half & Half, Lane 1-Q and BCA, Mac Baren 7 Seas Royal and different Navy rolls and flakes. I enjoy a good aromatic maple or vanilla too. I rarely smoke a cigar but keep some on hand in a humidor for guests. I have never smoked a cigarette and don't intend to start now. Enjoy your pipe!

I picked up a Virginia/Cavendish blend at my local shop, also ordered a tin of Nightcap based on several of you mentioning it. Going to have to scrounge up a little brown liquor for tonight I guess. Cheers fellas.
20230929_095220.jpg

My 17 year old son made these pipes from Karee wood and the mouth pieces are from giraffe bone. He doesn't smoke them - yet!!
IMG-20230917-WA0012.jpg
IMG-20230917-WA0013.jpg

I don’t smoke a pipe any more. I had a lovely Peterson system pipe amongst others. you need a few ! Samuel Gawith 1792 flake was my favorite. Great flavour and very cool smoke. Peterson, Savinelli, Stanwell. We have some great pipe makers in Europe. Mind you each pipe is individual, a €500 pipe could be rubbish and a €100 reject from Peterson a great smoke.

I have a Stanwell pipe (of Denmark) that I like to enjoy by a fire every now and then. The flat bottom lets me set it down if needed...kinda nice sometimes. Gave up all tobacco about 6 or 7 years ago, but still enjoy a pipe smoke every now and then. Nothing fancy for the tobacco, something with a mild vanilla flavor is nice. I like it fresh, so I'll pick it up from the local smoke shop and have it that night. Usually end up throwing most of it out because it's all dried up. :rolleyes:
1696022071231.png

Started smoking a pipe in my early 20s. Frequency of use has waxed and waned over the years. Currently only on the rare, special occasions. Bird seasons here are starting soon so I'll find myself smoking a bit more.

I was long a fan of McClelland Tobaccos. It was a sad day when I heard they were closing shop.

The remainder of my McClelland stash and my two favorite pipes, a Peterson and an Erik Nording freehand. I'm gonna be super bummed when those Frog Morton and Deep Hollow tins run out of flake.
20230929_192506.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!