Any Other Interests???

I would say surfing the web is an interest. I sure spend enough time doing it. Found this just now. An older story. But thats a big tom ! Over 200lbs.
Screenshot_20210410-190634_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210410-190650_Chrome.jpg
 
Unfortunately traveling for work alot (wash, rinse, repeat) so hobbies have been taking a backseat for some time. But it's been helpful looking for bourbon and sometimes increasing my life North American birding list (sitting at 575 species).
 
I did try draught once since then and it was ok....but what the hell was wrong with that stuff back then who knows...
I think that nothing was wrong with the stuff back then ( or even life). Everything just tasted better without liberals being out there telling you what to like or do.
 
I have lots of other interests including:
fishing, gardening, raising poultry, beekeeping, collecting (rocks, fossils, coins), growing giant vegetables, and have recently been getting into taxidermy.
 
Perhaps not the right place, my apologies? However does anyone take up other interests, collections, the arts, hobbies etc,...

Photos speak volumes. 20 yrs practicing music, etc. .. Used to collect Chainsaws. Sold them all, except for one. Helped finance a double.View attachment 396472View attachment 396473
Apart from huntin' flyfishin' golfin' campin' ..... No
 
Very humbling reading the responses to this thread. I think over the past 7 decades I've mostly collected dust.

I've got a lot of interests, hunting probably isn't at the very top anymore although just getting out to shoot is pretty much up there.

In 2013 at 63 I decided to take up running, I figured better late than never. I'd just dropped about 50 pounds and needed to maintain that. So for the past 8 years that's been an ongoing adventure (obsession) of sorts with plenty of ups and downs. Do a lot of sunrise images as part of this....another obsession I guess.

Photography, not only my business but another obsession also occupies a lot of my time.

I like to travel, and didn't start that until later in life either, of course COVID has thrown a bit of a wrench into that.

Anyway I've enjoyed reading the posts here, it has more than validated my decision to join this forum.

A photo from one of my morning run/walk/crawl
IMG_3228m.jpg
 
When I’m not at the office we are at the barn. My daughter shows paint horses across the Midwest. Good clean fun for the kid without a phone or iPad in her hands. She works the whole time she isn’t riding and it teaches a lot of responsibility!

Image1618441559.373952.jpg
IMG_1946.JPG
Image1618441624.699216.jpg
 
Pardon my ignorance @M Whitley , but what does that mean: "she shows paint horses"

thanks,

V.

She shows the horses in a western pleasure class which judges the horse and it’s confirmation through the walk, trot, and lope as well as the riders ability.
 
She shows the horses in a western pleasure class which judges the horse and it’s confirmation through the walk, trot, and lope as well as the riders ability.
ok, didn't know this existed. (I'm not a horse guy) Thanks!
 
Offshore fishing and fishing in general. I've been to the frontier on the Colombia/Venezuela border, Mexico, and going to Hawaii this summer in which the wife and I plan to fish. Also been to Brazil but didn't get a chance to fish. I'm a licensed captain and have been fishing since I could walk. I run a 36 foot twin diesel express sportfish. I'm also an avid waterfowler. Fairly new to that though.
unnamed (4).jpg
BigTilefish.jpg
unnamed (6).jpg
138378602_1587146884802208_6559506624557455508_o.jpg
IMG_3249.jpg
 
...studied in Weihenstephan and have some experience in drinking Bavarian beer!

:cool:

HWL

Weihenstephaner is the beer that got me into drinking beers lol. I'm a big craft beer guy as well but have taken a long break due to getting fat from drinking too much beer.
 
Weihenstephaner is the beer that got me into drinking beers lol. I'm a big craft beer guy as well but have taken a long break due to getting fat from drinking too much beer.
The only way to hold against is to intensive sexual activity!

:giggle:

HWL
 
As a full time Gynecologist I’m absolutely bushed and barely have time to hunt!
 
As a full time Gynecologist I’m absolutely bushed and barely have time to hunt!
Celebrating my Leopard in Mozambique, the young Appy brought out a picture of his very attractive girlfriend whom he had not seen in months. Being rather inebriated, I made a comment about him being anxious to get out out of the bush so he could get into the bush.

The reply back was, Mr Bob, I don't know what your generation is like. But there is no longer any bush;)
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,364
Members
169,543
Latest member
BarneyBroc
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top