Any Other Interests???

Tormenting my fellow forum members.
Fly fishing, both fresh and salt water.
Spear fishing, by means of snorkel gear, (as I feel scuba gear takes unfair advantage of the quarry).
Cooking / wine paring.

“I spent most of my money on hunting and fishing, the rest I just wasted”.

Awesome work! I am a fledgling leatherworker and would like to get to this kind of quality. Right now I just make belts, sheaths, and slings.
It’s easy. Just remember not to neglect your edges. That is where everything flows from. And saddles are one of the easiest things to build. It’s just slapping a bunch of wet leather over a chunk of wood. Smaller items like belts and sheaths can be far more complex. Some of my most difficult carving has been on belts.

Learning wood working, for when I retire. I'll have to look for some more pictures of cutting boards and cigar holder I made. :)

FLAG PEN.jpg
pens.jpg
MANTEL IV.jpg

I work with snakes and have one of my own. A bit strange to most people but it's a lot of fun.

Glad to find someone who likes snakes also. :ROFLMAO: When I was a kid and lived in Nicaragua, I had every snake from that region, venomous or not. In the states I had several pythons and corn snakes. The last snake I had was a 3 1/2 ft Ball Python. The most tame and friendly snake I've ever had. Gave her away when I met my wife. No snakes in the house since. BTW, I don't kill any snake in the wild, regardless if they are venomous or not. LOL!!!!!!

Glad to find someone who likes snakes also. :ROFLMAO: When I was a kid and lived in Nicaragua, I had every snake from that region, venomous or not. In the states I had several pythons and corn snakes. The last snake I had was a 3 1/2 ft Ball Python. The most tame and friendly snake I've ever had. Gave her away when I met my wife. No snakes in the house since. BTW, I don't kill any snake in the wild, regardless if they are venomous or not. LOL!!!!!!
Thank you :). Yeah, I don't know why but snakes have always fascinated me for some reason. It used to drive my parents nuts lol. It's cool to see more people appreciating them. After all, they're good at controlling rodent infestations!

I occasionally post pics of taxidermy I do as a “hobby” (seems like a full time job alot if the time). That led me to do a little sculpting and bronzes.
15CC5FD0-E312-4E54-A160-CCB602FA0131.jpeg
E02CAA5A-BC99-41A3-BCB5-9DEC3F4E986B.jpeg
02EB9F5C-9C4A-42B7-9DBC-88CD51102AE1.jpeg
C11817F2-BE75-4F46-9566-9994233F69BB.jpeg
478B44DA-E447-472D-9414-15C14654680C.jpeg
AF06B821-FB60-499E-9853-90FE010A9204.jpeg

Last edited:
Downhill skiing, playing at logging and firewood cutting, woodworking. I built most of my furniture and pedestals for my mounts. Steel fabrication. Just finished a flatbed for my truck with slideouts for my son-in-law's ATV.

Watches.
Fountain Pens.
Whisky & Beer (might not count as that's the day job).
Fishing.
Cars.
Motorbikes
Live music (attending gigs, not participating)
History (antiquity mostly, although a bit of WW1/WW2/British Empire that's adjacent to my shooting/hunting interests.)

The most expensive toy I've ever bought is currently sat in a Milwaukee showroom awaiting my visa and eventual arrival to the US. One of these:

View attachment 396482

I also play around with cigars, scuba diving, light aircraft and sailing boats, albeit a bit more casually.

It's a wonder I ever have any money!

So if you dont mind what's your day job if it involves beer and whiskey?.....

Art, 18th & 19th Century militaria, great books, and great wine. I am a bit of a Francophile and our French Empire porcelain collection is special. I love to travel, and I have a lot of the planet yet to go. When not indulging those passions, I spend a lot of time working on our little piece of Texas and the FJ40 (I now have power steering!)

art8.jpg

art9.jpg

Cuirassier Armor and sabers

A Henschel Wegman Zug BR 61001???

HWL
Yes sir. Maerklin.

I run an AC setup, mostly Maerklin, and a few Roco and Liliput. Epoche II.

Covid gave me the time to finally pull all the trains out of their storage boxes and start building a layout.

20210214_091411.jpg

I even built a Rifle shop to cater to all the big game hunters living on my layout:

20210201_170451.jpg

20210201_170732.jpg

20210201_170502.jpg

Last edited:
Ham radio, scuba diving(in my younger days), reading.

T
Yes sir. Maerklin.

I run an AC setup, mostly Maerklin, and a few Roco and Liliput. Epoche II.

Covid gave me the time to finally pull all the trains out of their storage boxes and start building a layout.

View attachment 396741

I even built a Rifle shop to cater to all the big game hunters living on my layout:

View attachment 396742
View attachment 396743
View attachment 396744
Thats impressive !
I can almost feel the time spent to create a town like that !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross