antelope skull id

Dragan N.

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
I think that this is a lord derby eland skull, but I was wondering if anyone would so kind as to confirm from which antelope it is?
eland_antilope.jpg

If it's a LDE, it would seem it died very young..

If it's a LDE, it would seem it died very young..

Thanks for the reply. That is what has me confused its horns are quite small and they lack the size and deeper spirals seen on them but they have the general shape... Could it be a female?

Also I just realized this thread is in the wrong section, I think it should probably be in the taxidermy sub forum- where I intended to put it. Im hoping an admin or mod might be able to please move it?

I'd hazard a guess at Cape Eland Cow.

I'd hazard a guess at Cape Eland Cow.

+2 and a young one. Female because the horns lack girth particularly at the bases and just overall thin. Young because they appear to be overall fairly short.

Having a PH who makes a living know such things chime in here would be great.

Not a lot of tooth left above that gum line and those horns tips are not exactly needle sharp.
I think there are a few years on this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roll_the_Knob!

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.