Another Texas Hunter

We have practiced off of sticks and will do more until we leave. Yes I do own . 7x57, 7x64; 30-06 and 375 H&h , that I know of for sure. I have met my ph/ etc. I don’t think they advertise on this sight .

Welcome and please write about your hunt.
 
I live in Texas, love to hunt and fish( and golf, that is a different forum), heading to South Africa in less than a month( mid May) for a plains game hunt, Kruger safari, Victoria Falls and Capetown after. Will be using guns at camp. Too much travel to take mine this time.
280 rem, 300 win mag, 270 wsm, 243,6mm, 7mm-08, 17 hmr, 22lr, 12/20 gauge.
Kudu, bushbuck, waterbuck, zebra , wildebeest, impala , warthog, red hartebeest, are all on our list.
20 year old son and I will be on our first hunt in South Africa.
Great website with tons of info and knowledge.
Hope you get a duiker to. I can't get one for my life.
 
Welcome to AH!
 
Welcome Av8or to AH! I spent my first 30 years in Texas. The last 40 in Colorado.
So happy for you to be able to take a son to Africa! Never had a son myself and I couldn’t get my daughters nor their husbands, grandsons, nor granddaughters interested in hunting or fishing. You’re a lucky guy to have a child interested in going to Africa with you! You two are going to have a grand time!
Best of luck!
 
Howdy from Tejas
 
Ridgewalker, i was born in Gunnison. Early years in Colorado. Texas for a long time. Guess we swapped:)!
 
I failed to mention my wife is joining us at the tail end of our hunt to go with us for a day or two before we go to Kruger, etc
 
Ridgewalker, i was born in Gunnison. Early years in Colorado. Texas for a long time. Guess we swapped:)!
I lived a while in Lake City as an engineering tech for the BLM. Some excellent fishing around Gunnison, but geez it’s cold in that valley in winter!!!
 
Sounds like a great trip. Can’t wait for my boys to get big enough to go with me.
Welcome to AH from north of the Red from a southern Oklahoma boy.
 
Welcome to AH Av8or! Nice to have you on the posting side, looking forward to reading your posts.
 
Welcome, enjoy your trip and shoot straight.
 
Welcome to AH. Enjoy the safari with your son.
 
I live in Texas, love to hunt and fish( and golf, that is a different forum), heading to South Africa in less than a month( mid May) for a plains game hunt, Kruger safari, Victoria Falls and Capetown after. Will be using guns at camp. Too much travel to take mine this time.
280 rem, 300 win mag, 270 wsm, 243,6mm, 7mm-08, 17 hmr, 22lr, 12/20 gauge.
Kudu, bushbuck, waterbuck, zebra , wildebeest, impala , warthog, red hartebeest, are all on our list.
20 year old son and I will be on our first hunt in South Africa.
Great website with tons of info and knowledge.
Enjoy!
 
Welcome Av8or! Nothing like AH for information and getting people on their way to Africa.
 
Welcome. Happy Hunting!
 
Welcome to AH! Glad to have another Texan aboard. Sounds like a grand adventure.
Philip
 
Welcome to AH and good luck on your hunt, be sure to report back
 
Welcome to AH Av8or! We look forward to you sharing your stories!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,308
Messages
1,572,396
Members
169,558
Latest member
Joneseleepe
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top