Another one!

David’s, I have used the 250 Barnes TTSX on eland and it performed excellent. It was quartering toward me and my left. I broke the left shoulder, destroying the top of the heart and both lungs, and finally came to rest under the off side skin. Perfect mushroom.

The same Safari it also took a sable, crocodile, black wildebeest, warthog, caracal, and performed perfect on all. The Barnes 250 TTSX completely passed through all.

What I’m trying to say is, it should work well on moose.

Best of luck with your fine BRNO duo! (Wish I could find some to steal like that!)(n)
 
It’s a rubber ball. These kind of things are not that uncommon here i Sweden. It makes the bolt knob bigger and you will get a really god grip to help you when operating the bolt knob and since it’s made out of rubber your hand won’t slip if it is foggy or wet.
 
Forgive me for sounding like I'm ignorant, but those stocks don't look like any Brno ZKK stocks I've ever seen. They look more like the CZ stocks that have been retrofitted. probably not, since the 458L also has one with the Bavarian style buttstock.

Is that normal in Europe?
 
Forgive me for sounding like I'm ignorant, but those stocks don't look like any Brno ZKK stocks I've ever seen. They look more like the CZ stocks that have been retrofitted. probably not, since the 458L also has one with the Bavarian style buttstock.

Is that normal in Europe?

The ZKK series was available with either straight classic stock or De Luxe, with the drop, as pictured here.
 
The ZKK series was available with either straight classic stock or De Luxe, with the drop, as pictured here.

The ones I saw marketed as DeLuxe were more Weatherby-like - with a contrasting foreend and a Monte-Carlo stock. That was whhen I was in RSA. I have only seen the "Bavarian" stock with the Schnabel on the CZs.
 
bren,
and weren't they a mongrel of a stock.
at least the weatherby stock has some good features.
only thing worse was the non monte carlo alternative.
bruce.
 
I don’t know about CZ stock but here in Sweden the most common stock for the zkk 602 is the one that I have. I have seen one or two with a montecarlo style one but not more
 
David’s, I have used the 250 Barnes TTSX on eland and it performed excellent. It was quartering toward me and my left. I broke the left shoulder, destroying the top of the heart and both lungs, and finally came to rest under the off side skin. Perfect mushroom.

The same Safari it also took a sable, crocodile, black wildebeest, warthog, caracal, and performed perfect on all. The Barnes 250 TTSX completely passed through all.

What I’m trying to say is, it should work well on moose.

Best of luck with your fine BRNO duo! (Wish I could find some to steal like that!)(n)

Well yes I also think the 250gr TTSX will work on moose but I got a nice price on the norma oryx bullet so I was unable to say no ;)
 
bren,
and weren't they a mongrel of a stock.
at least the weatherby stock has some good features.
only thing worse was the non monte carlo alternative.
bruce.

The standard (non Monte-Carlo) were fine - not brilliant for scoped use, but for open sights they were marvellous.

I don’t know about CZ stock but here in Sweden the most common stock for the zkk 602 is the one that I have. I have seen one or two with a montecarlo style one but not more

Thank you - it appears that CZ/Brno used different stocks in different markets.
 
Yesterday I hade the chance to use the 375 for the first time in the field. I shot a roedeer with the 250gr Barnes ttsx. Distance about 80 meter, right in the shoulder and it dropped on the spot. Entrence hole was the same size as the bullet. Exit wound was a hole about 3 inches. It will be interesting to se the effect on bigger game
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,307
Messages
1,572,359
Members
169,536
Latest member
KieranChap
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top