another newbie

riders

Reaction score
Member of
P&Y, Saskatchewan bowhunters Assoc.
I am fairly new to this site. My name is Ed Bergen. I am from the province of Saskatchewan in Canada. I am excited about going on my first safari to South Africa this summer. Myself and my boys will be bowhunting with Dare to Bowhunt. I am gaining a wealth of knowledge on this site thanks to all of you who have been there and done that! Hopefully in the future I will be able to help others like you are helping me!

Hi Ed,

Welcome to the world of AH , hope you have a wonderful Bow hunt safari , which outfit you plan to hunt with ??

Happy Hunting!!!

Monish

Welcome to the forum Ed.

You are going to love Africa good luck and happy hunting.

Cheers Louis

Welcome Ed.
I think your moniker "riders" refers to the rough riders football club. I won't make any comments after the beatings that you gave our bombers in the last couple of seasons.
I'm sure you already know this, but I feel compelled to mention it anyway. South Africa is one of the most diverse and beautiful countries in the world. Make sure that you leave a little time for touring.Not just the game parks but as much of the country as you have time for. The people are as amazing as the scenery.
Good luck on your first safari, I know it won't be your last.
Cheers, Mike Egan

Welcome Ed!

Welcome to A/H Ed.

You will have a great time with Lammie and Allison Potgieter. I know them personally and Lammie is a great outfit. Who knows we might even meet each other when you are hunting with them.

Good luck with your bowhunting safari.

Thanks for all the greetings! I look forward to everything this site has to offer. I have been conscientously studying the different shot placements featured on African animals and my boys aged 16 and 17 are marking the days off the calendar until we leave. Also, you are right Mike, it is the Riders. Our hunt dates are worked out around home games!( but I'm sure that once we arrive in Africa, football will be the last thing on our minds!) We will get to see a little bit of South Africa as some of our hunt with Lammie and Allison is in the Kalahari and some of it is in Zululand.

Welcome to AH riders! You and your boys will have an amazing time bowhunting in Africa. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

We just returned from our bowhunting safari today. The hunt we had was excellent, with some great animals being taken. It was awesome seeing rhinos, giraffes etc. 3 yards from the front of the blind. I am already looking forward to having some great trophies on the wall and someday returning to Africa. Lammie and Allison run a great outfit called Dare to Bowhunt. you can do a search and check out their website. I would not hesitate to recommmend them, especially if your looking for a monster nyala! Thanks to our other PH as well, Neil was also great!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg