Another Aussie BRNOphile

Hi AV

When you say "replacement trigger", do you mean the standard curved?

Which do you prefer, straight single set or curved standard trigger?

*Can anyone chime in on whether the green bag with 2nd trigger & tool was an optional extra or standard issue with a new gun?
I'm soon doing two road trips to sit down with old BRNO collectors. I'm sure they'll know all about it.

There must be millions of them lost or thrown out in the rubbish. I buy the curved triggers if they're originals, not the aftermarket new ones getting around. Same as ZKW465 .22H mags. Originals only.

- There is a clever/skilled person in South Africa who makes the ZKW465 mags & possibly curved triggers (I'd have to look that up again). They are in Australia now satisfying a demand.
Hi Richo
Yes, I mean the standard curved trigger. I belive they where delivered in a small green cloth bag as standard with a new gun.
The straight trigger is just great! At least nobody ever bothered to change it on my rifle. (It has a large number of african game to its credit including a large number of elephants + big 5 a couple of times over. The hair trigger is truly great when you have to take long range shots. I will never change it although the rifle is partly "retired" by now. My old 602 is surprisingly accurate. Those older BRNO rifles are fantastic!

A picture stolen from the internet (I'm still looking for an original)
1652827499018.png

Hi AV

When you say "replacement trigger", do you mean the standard curved?

Which do you prefer, straight single set or curved standard trigger?

*Can anyone chime in on whether the green bag with 2nd trigger & tool was an optional extra or standard issue with a new gun?
I'm soon doing two road trips to sit down with old BRNO collectors. I'm sure they'll know all about it.

There must be millions of them lost or thrown out in the rubbish. I buy the curved triggers if they're originals, not the aftermarket new ones getting around. Same as ZKW465 .22H mags. Originals only.

- There is a clever/skilled person in South Africa who makes the ZKW465 mags & possibly curved triggers (I'd have to look that up again). They are in Australia now satisfying a demand.
My understanding is that they were supplied as standard. I once owned a secondhand ZKK 601 chambered to .243 (purely for fun @Bob Nelson 35Whelen NOT for deer, etc.) and it had the spare set trigger in its original green cotton bag BUT some munter had lost the aperture for the peep backsight and messed the rifle up in another way.

My understanding is that they were supplied as standard. I once owned a secondhand ZKK 601 chambered to .243 (purely for fun @Bob Nelson 35Whelen NOT for deer, etc.) and it had the spare set trigger in its original green cotton bag BUT some munter had lost the aperture for the peep backsight and messed the rifle up in another way.
@ZG47
A friend had the straight trigger in 243 that I had the chance to play with and sight in for him. Great rifle, a bit heavy for a 243 it shot well.
Would have made a great 358 Winchester.
Bob

@ZG47
A friend had the straight trigger in 243 that I had the chance to play with and sight in for him. Great rifle, a bit heavy for a 243 it shot well.
Would have made a great 358 Winchester.
Bob
Yes. I agree. I remember one guy who was having his 601 converted to .350 Remington Magnum.

601 is short action cannot fit standard length cartridges such as 7x64 Brenneke

243 and 308 fit in 601.

601 short
600 standard
602 magnum
Is that the correct order? Doesn't seem to follow any order
When I die you can buy all mine at auction when they pry them out of my cold hands ◉‿◉
Actually, how old are you? Asking for a friend.

Welcome to AH! Glad you found us and joined our community. Enjoy the site and have fun planning!

Hi all,
New Aussie member.

Can't say hunting African game is enticing me to travel, but possibly travelling to Africa is enticing me to research the continent more and more

I'm content hunting 6 deer species, fox, feral cats & dogs, rabbits. Big game to me will be buffalo & feral cattle here in Aus.

I'll be lurking and reading really old posts a lot to avoid starting new threads on old topics.

Yes, I'm gun hunting.
My first BRNO ZKK600 in 30-06 came from South Africa.

If you would like to part with any, or all of your 1967 ZKK601/600/602 rifles that aren't bastardised, I'm interested.

Also, interested in a 1956 model 2 & 1957 model 5. Must be close to new condition.

Please PM me if you want to disperse your collection.

*Also, looking for a Mauser 66 barrel + mag in 8x68S

Although I'm in Australia, I am willing to and can import rifles through my dealer.

To be honest, I joined the forum because when searching for 1967 BRNO ZKK rifles world wide to buy, I saw discussions here. I PM'd a member first. If not ok to post wanted ads day one of joining, mods, I won't be offended if you delete.

*Just to let you know I'm a serious BRNO collector, not seller, I own a 1967 ZKK602 factory original 358 Norma Magnum, a 1967 ZKK601 .222 Rem Mag, 1967 ZKK601 .243 Win.

I'm missing a 1967 ZKK600.
Would like to rectify that a few times over.

Also have a Czech Olympic Team (1956 Melbourne Olympics) BRNO Model 3 .22lr (with aluminium sights case issued by BRNO) that stayed in Australia,
a Model 3S 'Stecher' &
a first year production Model 3 with checkering.
A ZKM451 factory built with a left over model 3 barrel, action screws and trigger guard in a model 1 action & stock.
Two model 4's.
A few 1949 ZKW465's
Etc, Etc.

Cheers,
Richo
Richo

Enjoy this great Forum and sharing your experience and opinion with others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.