Another Aussie BRNOphile

TIKKA~BRNO

AH member
Reaction score
Hi all,
New Aussie member.

Can't say hunting African game is enticing me to travel, but possibly travelling to Africa is enticing me to research the continent more and more

I'm content hunting 6 deer species, fox, feral cats & dogs, rabbits. Big game to me will be buffalo & feral cattle here in Aus.

I'll be lurking and reading really old posts a lot to avoid starting new threads on old topics.

Yes, I'm gun hunting.
My first BRNO ZKK600 in 30-06 came from South Africa.

If you would like to part with any, or all of your 1967 ZKK601/600/602 rifles that aren't bastardised, I'm interested.

Also, interested in a 1956 model 2 & 1957 model 5. Must be close to new condition.

Please PM me if you want to disperse your collection.

*Also, looking for a Mauser 66 barrel + mag in 8x68S

Although I'm in Australia, I am willing to and can import rifles through my dealer.

To be honest, I joined the forum because when searching for 1967 BRNO ZKK rifles world wide to buy, I saw discussions here. I PM'd a member first. If not ok to post wanted ads day one of joining, mods, I won't be offended if you delete.

*Just to let you know I'm a serious BRNO collector, not seller, I own a 1967 ZKK602 factory original 358 Norma Magnum, a 1967 ZKK601 .222 Rem Mag, 1967 ZKK601 .243 Win.

I'm missing a 1967 ZKK600.
Would like to rectify that a few times over.

Also have a Czech Olympic Team (1956 Melbourne Olympics) BRNO Model 3 .22lr (with aluminium sights case issued by BRNO) that stayed in Australia,
a Model 3S 'Stecher' &
a first year production Model 3 with checkering.
A ZKM451 factory built with a left over model 3 barrel, action screws and trigger guard in a model 1 action & stock.
Two model 4's.
A few 1949 ZKW465's
Etc, Etc.

Cheers,
Richo

Welcome to AH Richo! Enjoy your time here.

Hi all,
New Aussie member.

Can't say hunting African game is enticing me to travel, but possibly travelling to Africa is enticing me to research the continent more and more

I'm content hunting 6 deer species, fox, feral cats & dogs, rabbits. Big game to me will be buffalo & feral cattle here in Aus.

I'll be lurking and reading really old posts a lot to avoid starting new threads on old topics.

Yes, I'm gun hunting.

If you would like to part with any, or all of your 1967 ZKK601/600/602 rifles that aren't bastardised, I'm interested.

Also, interested in a 1956 model 2 & 1957 model 5. Must be close to new condition.

Although I'm in Australia, I am willing to and can import rifles through my dealer.

To be honest, I joined the forum because when searching for 1967 BRNO ZKK rifles world wide to buy, I saw discussions here. I PM'd a member first. If not ok to post wanted ads day one of joining, mods, I won't be offended if you delete.

*Just to let you know I'm a serious BRNO collector, not seller, I own a 1967 ZKK602 factory original 358 Norma Magnum, a 1967 ZKK601 .222 Rem Mag, 1967 ZKK601 .243 Win.

Also have a Czech Olympic Team (1956 Melbourne Olympics) BRNO Model 3 .22lr (with aluminium sights case issued by BRNO) that stayed in Australia,
a Model 3S 'Stecher' &
A ZKM451 factory built with a left over model 3 barrel, action screws and trigger guard in a model 1 action & stock.
Two model 4's.
A few 1949 ZKW465's
Etc, Etc.

Cheers,
Richo

Great collection

I have 3 Brno’s myself:

Zkk 600, 30/06
Zkk 602, 375 h&h
Zkk 602, 450 Rigby (converted from 458 win mag)

Welcome to the Forum

Welcome to a great wealth of knowledge forum! I look forward to reading your posts.

Welcome to AH Richo! Enjoy your time here.
Thanks for welcome by all.

I haven't got a lot of time spare, but will definitely dig deep into your knowledge bank (old threads) and chime in from time to time.

Grew up in Tasmania, farm kid. Paid my own way selling chook and sheep shit, shooting Wallaby for dog meat, selling Brush Tail Possum skins in the 80's.

Joined the RAAF to get away from going down the wrong path at 17. Did 20 years.
Retired in 2014. Burnt out or just tired.

Now run a small Fallow Deer farm as a hobby, self employed and energised again.

I get paid to do all of my hobbies. Fishing, golf, shooting, dirtbike riding, 4WD'ing, life experience adventures, cutting firewood...going out in Melbourne to play 8-ball, talk to girls, go to AFL (football) games, shows... What ever my clients need or want, I'll do it.

Not all gravy. Last trip, ~12500km. Client went on an emotional rollercoaster. At on point I had to stop the vehicle, get out and diffuse suicide idealization, a bipolar episode, paranoid delusions, anger outbursts Et Al. Just part & parcel of my business.

But sure beats sitting behind a desk doing aircraft 'Maintenance Requirements Analysis'.

Next deer I stalk, or feral pest session, I'll do a hunt report.

Just invested in a Pulsar Krypton XG50 thermal clip-on scope.
- Admittedly, the primary target species has two legs. But I'll also use it for pest controlling. Looking to get my first contracts for paid pest control which will supply meat to sell to Greyhound trainers locally. Double paid hobby! My favourite!

Anyhow, thanks for the welcomes.

Richo.

Thanks for welcome by all.

I haven't got a lot of time spare, but will definitely dig deep into your knowledge bank (old threads) and chime in from time to time.

Grew up in Tasmania, farm kid. Paid my own way selling chook and sheep shit, shooting Wallaby for dog meat, selling Brush Tail Possum skins in the 80's.

Joined the RAAF to get away from going down the wrong path at 17. Did 20 years.
Retired in 2014. Burnt out or just tired.

Now run a small Fallow Deer farm as a hobby, self employed and energised again.

I get paid to do all of my hobbies. Fishing, golf, shooting, dirtbike riding, 4WD'ing, life experience adventures, cutting firewood...going out in Melbourne to play 8-ball, talk to girls, go to AFL (football) games, shows... What ever my clients need or want, I'll do it.

Not all gravy. Last trip, ~12500km. Client went on an emotional rollercoaster. At on point I had to stop the vehicle, get out and diffuse suicide idealization, a bipolar episode, paranoid delusions, anger outbursts Et Al. Just part & parcel of my business.

But sure beats sitting behind a desk doing aircraft 'Maintenance Requirements Analysis'.

Next deer I stalk, or feral pest session, I'll do a hunt report.

Just invested in a Pulsar Krypton XG50 thermal clip-on scope.
- Admittedly, the primary target species has two legs. But I'll also use it for pest controlling. Looking to get my first contracts for paid pest control which will supply meat to sell to Greyhound trainers locally. Double paid hobby! My favourite!

Anyhow, thanks for the welcomes.

Richo.

Welcome, good to see you here.

That client reads just like my last Girl friend, must be very stressful that, I know mine was lol !

I also have a bunch of Brno's been trying to thin them out but end up buying more & fitted a ZKK 602 .458Win barrel to a ZKK600 action, I think it is a 67 or 68, a little different to the later ones I have.

Welcome, good to see you here.

That client reads just like my last Girl friend, must be very stressful that, I know mine was lol !

I also have a bunch of Brno's been trying to thin them out but end up buying more & fitted a ZKK 602 .458Win barrel to a ZKK600 action, I think it is a 67 or 68, a little different to the later ones I have.

That brings tears to my eyes :'(
Jokes. Hope it works. ✓

Haha, I know what you mean, worry not, we have hundreds here in NZ (this is where you will find your rifle I am sure) but most have had a very hard life & well used up, as were the last few I bought, cracked stocks, smooth/worn bores or corroded, I just last week bought a ZKK 601 in 308Win with no bolt & found a ZKK 601 223 action with a 308 bolt fitted & single stage trigger, so I stole the bolt & fitted the trigger to the .458, the 601 308 was minty but some one has modified the bolt handle to clear a low scope unfortunately.

I will keep a eye out for a minty ZKK600 from 1967 then, might be hard that as most are well used here.

Welcome aboard!

Haha, I know what you mean, worry not, we have hundreds here in NZ (this is where you will find your rifle I am sure) but most have had a very hard life & well used up, as were the last few I bought, cracked stocks, smooth/worn bores or corroded, I just last week bought a ZKK 601 in 308Win with no bolt & found a ZKK 601 223 action with a 308 bolt fitted & single stage trigger, so I stole the bolt & fitted the trigger to the .458, the 601 308 was minty but some one has modified the bolt handle to clear a low scope unfortunately.

I will keep a eye out for a minty ZKK600 from 1967 then, might be hard that as most are well used here.
Thanks Sarg.

Best case scenario, someone has a collection that they are moving on from. One bulk lot. Simpler to import and the cost is shared over 5 - 10 rifles.

I've PM'd a guy who had just that. But I'm guessing he's already sold most of what I'd want and keeping some till the end of time.

There are a few collections that can be found online. I need to communicate directly and ask if I can be their collection's next custodian, same as I did for the x3 model 3's etc that I picked up recently.

G'day and welcome.
Sounds like you have an interesting job or client base.

Richo. Mate, it sounds like you have a serious addiction. Your only hope is to go cold turkey. Because you sound like a decent bloke I'd be willing to take them off your hands. I would even forego charging you a "re-homing fee". :sneaky:

Just checked mine, none were 67s, not that they would've been for sale.

Hi all,
New Aussie member.

Yes, I'm gun hunting.

a Model 3S 'Stecher' &
Two model 4's.
A few 1949 ZKW465's
Etc, Etc.

Cheers,
Richo
@TIKKA ~BRNO
Richard No1 and 2 Brno 22s when found are commanding a premium here. Tamworth Firearms had 4 of them about 12 months ago and I'm sure one was a 1967 in beautiful condition. My mate Greg was considering one that was left handed that's why we were looking at them. They were out of our price range. You could give them a call and ask Jim if he can find any for you.
Bob

Richo, welcome to the AH forum! Since you haven’t been to Africa, you won’t understand the illness…LOL!
Nice collection!
@Ridgewalker
I tell my wife it is African illness she just smiles and says that's the same as a mental illness. I don't mind its a good mental illness to have. I can blame rifle purchases on mental illness.
Bob

Richo. Mate, it sounds like you have a serious addiction. Your only hope is to go cold turkey. Because you sound like a decent bloke I'd be willing to take them off your hands. I would even forego charging you a "re-homing fee". :sneaky:

Just checked mine, none were 67s, not that they would've been for sale.
I'll keep your kind offer in mind
Just sold a gun tonight. Lasted an hour on our 'UsedGuns'.
Must have been priced right. No haggling. Paid.

An as new CZ527 22H to make room for another Mint 1949 BRNO ZKW465 22H with its original mint Meopta Lesar 3x scope, and a 1935 Winchester Model 54 22H basket case project I'm committed to. It deserves to be restored. (Oh, so I'm now looking for Model 54 Winchesters)

IMG_20220513_152205.jpg
IMG_20220513_152220.jpg
IMG_20220513_152222.jpg
IMG_20220514_112818392.jpg
Screenshot_20220514-195615~2.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,