Another anti hunting film made by an Australian woman working undercover

Happened to see ABC Australia (unbiased of course, yeah right) about an undercover wildlife photographer who went to photograph lion hunts.
I gather she’s an American.
Talked about the billion dollar industry etc.
Went in to talk about lions becoming extinct.
Mostly male lions that are shot have been kicked out of the pride and will die from starvation anyway.
@Dr Ray, I merged your thread with this one from @spike.t, same topic.

I've been thinking... if photographic tourism really is the way to go and is more effective and successful than hunting safaris, why hasn't it overtaken hunting operations? Of course, the greens will just refute this by saying that African countries are corrupt because being brown and non-Western obviously means corrupt. They look really pathetic and useless honestly, yet they feel entitled to have ownership over all of the hunting concessions even if they don't utilize them.

That's exactly what happened in Botswana. The concessions bordering the Chobe brought in zero revenue after the moratorium and yet they still wanted ownership after the announcement that hunting would be reopened on community and government-owned land.

What the Industry needs to do, is to make some real, unbiased documentaries about what really goes on, in the world o' Safari Hunting... I myself would be more than willing to be an on camera spokesperson for this...(I happen to have a background in the old school media, as well as a fair bit o' experience in the Film Industry)

What the Industry needs to do, is to make some real, unbiased documentaries about what really goes on, in the world o' Safari Hunting... I myself would be more than willing to be an on camera spokesperson for this...(I happen to have a background in the old school media, as well as a fair bit o' experience in the Film Industry)
That sounds like a very good idea. And when we say unbiased, we truly mean unbiased. Not the typical ad nauseum you see with politicians and people on social media. We need to speak the truth on what's sustainable and what's not. As an example, the photographic concessions in most of the Okavango are one of the few examples where photo tourism is actually viable, for the most part. Though it is disappointing to know that hunting likely won't reopen in much of the Delta, we have to realize that both the communities living in the area along with the government have found photographic safaris as a good source of revenue, considering that the prices are comparable to a hunting safari.

Now, in the Chobe, the opposite is the case. The terrain and vegetation make it very difficult to spot much other than elephants, which are grossly overpopulated, and it's generally not a very photogenic part of Botswana in general. Dry mopane veld for thousands of miles isn't attractive to most photo tourists. For hunters it's more than attractive, it's often what's desired. Thick vegetation means that you need to get up close and personal with the game and they have a good chance of disappearing completely. Hence the term 'fair-chase. It's also perfect for big elephant bulls, which are the main attraction in Botswana hunting.

That's just a short example of what we can inform the general public of. Big flashy "documentaries" have worn out their welcome. People are interested in hearing the truth more than ever and this is our opportunity to show what actually happens in the hunting industry, especially in Africa. Hopefully, your skills in the film industry can help us achieve that ;)

I'd love to be involved... Just need to raise some Sponsors... P.S. I'm well known for being unbiased when it comes to journalism...(Not many o' us left, these days)

I'd love to be involved... Just need to raise some Sponsors... P.S. I'm well known for being unbiased when it comes to journalism...(Not many o' us left, these days)
I really wish I had the money to finance your work, but I do know a few sponsors. 'The Osprey Filming Company' is probably your best bet upfront. They've made hunter-centric documentaries for a long while and know their stuff. You could of course find others, like Netflix which doesn't have an agenda, but they're usually difficult to please.

Maybe members on AH can collectively give their thoughts on the hunting industry and possibly help with a potential documentary. Of course, it's best we stay anonymous, but there are a lot of experienced hunters here who've been in the business for a long time and have seen the effects of hunting bans.

A multi-part series would probably be our best chance of getting the point across. Maybe each 'episode' could focus on each African country's hunting industry, or alternatively, each episode could focus on the different eras of hunting in Africa. Starting from the post-ww2 safari industry in Kenya and Tanganyika, all the way up to now and the current situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if there aren't some African Tourism promoters that wouldn't be interested in Sponsoring an Unbiased Documentary?
Wilderness Safaris comes to mind. They're a photo tourism company but they're not against hunting, at least not that I'm aware of. They're close partners Johan Calitz Safaris so that says something at least.

Two potential reasons a person is "alone in a place I can't pronounce" is that you're obnoxious and stupid.
As to "being alone with men", a woman may have a potential reason for that too......FWB

Everyone wants to cuddle wild animals as if they were stuffed plush toys. They are not!

How many anti hunters would tolerate a grizzly bear visiting their backyard? Not many but somehow it's okay for elephant to eat a subsistence farmer's yearly crop as a midnight snack!
Funny how many of these Anti hunters are mostly Vegans and Vegetarians. lols

I've been thinking... if photographic tourism really is the way to go and is more effective and successful than hunting safaris, why hasn't it overtaken hunting operations? Of course, the greens will just refute this by saying that African countries are corrupt because being brown and non-Western obviously means corrupt. They look really pathetic and useless honestly, yet they feel entitled to have ownership over all of the hunting concessions even if they don't utilize them.

That's exactly what happened in Botswana. The concessions bordering the Chobe brought in zero revenue after the moratorium and yet they still wanted ownership after the announcement that hunting would be reopened on community and government-owned land.
In Botswana, accompanying the ban, Derek and Beverley Joubert (award winning filmakers it is true) put their name behind a much publicized eco tourism takeover of the hunting areas.

Now it turns out, years later that they did not pay a penny for the concessions and even managed to create new concessions illegally. This has all been swept under the carpet because ex-presidents etc were involved. The media was very quick to push their "success" in replacing hunting with photographic safaris- but no one wants to publicize the fact that they were only 'profitable' because they didnt pay for anything.

I wonder if there aren't some African Tourism promoters that wouldn't be interested in Sponsoring an Unbiased Documentary?
That would interesting. This Is Africa 5 might be a good candidate-their youtube channel is going well. Solidely behind hunting and entertaining at the same time.

It can be interesting to "follow the money" and discover just who is paying for these type "reporters" and reports.

If the hunting community has any brains, then all of us should sue this attention seeking tree hugging liar of a bitch for defamation and libel. In what kind of a world should she be allowed to spew her filthy lies to the public ? People who will readily believe her without actually doing any real research about the vital role which hunting plays for wildlife conservatio.

I said it before and I’ll say it again. If we want to stop these dishonest scumbags from destroying Africa’s ( and indeed the world’s ) wildlife from extinction, then we need an aggressive international level counter campaign to expose the anti hunters and vegans for all of their lies.

To my knowledge, only Ron Thompson’s “ True Green Alliance “ organization actually deals with these people in a much required aggressive manner.

This changed my view of hunting and I am going to stop hunting. Of course that's not happening. Someday that may happen, but my father is 94 and he's still hunting so there is hope. But as pointed out, it's not made to change the minds of hunters its for the Facebook. Twitter, TikTok crowd.

And, this woman is an idiot, as she is photographed holding a lion cub. Instead, let's make them petting zoo animals that will certainly "save" them from extinction. And what happens to them when they are no longer "petting zoo" animals. Process them and send them to China. But no one says a word about China.

where I live in Idaho we have a neighborhood app where people can chat. You would not believe some of the posts - mostly by newcomers from the cities. A few off the top of my head:

“I saw a bat! Are there supposed to be bats in Idaho?”

“I saw a hawk flying around! Be sure to protect your small dogs and maybe even kids!!” (I have seen hawks pick off Eurasian banded doves from my back yard - it’s amazing )

“My neighbor saw a coyote! Should we call animal control??””

“Does anyone know if the bears will come this far into town?”

These people are delusional…and need to move back to the city…
My mother was afraid of a bunch of turkey vultures sunning themselves on the fence because she thought they'd attack the dog. I had to explain repeatedly that buzzards aren't going to bother the dog unless she's dead.

She also freaked out at a pair of black racers nosing about in the yard for bugs on Saturday. They might hurt the dog. She's seen plenty of the damn things in the past but now she's gotten paranoid about the dog getting attacked by the local wildlife...

And she grew up spending a lot of time on a farm in rural South Carolina and has lived in the same suburban house in Georgia for some 40-odd years. There are deer in the front yard every evening, rabbits in the backyard, raccoons and owls and in the trees, bats in the sky, snakes on the porch, the whole nine yards.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LavadaMacG

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.