And now for something completely different...

@Kevin Peacocke

Are you in Zim or Down South?
I have to come up to Harare in next couple of weeks perhaps we can get together and have some meat?....
Coming down on the 10th, maybe in Jhb until the 18th or so. Whatever dates cross we will get together and chew some fat.
 
Ezekiel bread sandwich with hummus, broccoli sprouts, smoked gouda, spinach, arugula and freshly sliced cucumbers. If cool summer evening was a flavor, thats what this sandwich is stuffed with.
 
Slices of a good garden fresh tomato with a dash of salt. That's it.

In Alaska, where they are very tough to grow and the store bought ones are often nearly bland as water they're worth their weight in gold.
 
Slices of a good garden fresh tomato with a dash of salt. That's it.

In Alaska, where they are very tough to grow and the store bought ones are often nearly bland as water they're worth their weight in gold.

when I grew up we moved a lot. My dad always planted tomatoes on the side of the house. Ate them right off the vine with salt. Awesome.
 
Last edited:
After way too much beef, wursts (and even salmon) during the holidays, i began eating a decent amount of guacamole (seasoned avacado puree) with small, chip-sized pieces of indian naan bread. It was great! I think that was the body's way of telling us to up the ratio of unsaturated fats (veggies) to saturated (meats!) That, and whomever displayed it rather unprecariously in the refrigerator... 'Works for me!
 
Homemade bread still hot out of the oven.
Fresh picked asparagus and/or morel mushrooms fried in a little butter.
My wife’s made-from-scratch caramel rolls.

And of course Popcorn!
I have to agree! Stumbling onto a patch or morels around here is akin to found gold.
 
Red beans and rice seasoned and flavored with the two Cajun Holy Trinitie.

Thank God….a voice of reason and hope shows up at a dire time of need!
 
After the past two weeks of gluttony I fancied a light snack and wandered into the kitchen, where I found a simple avocardo. Graced with a little salt and pepper and a dash of worcestershire sauce, well it was delicious, creamy and earthy and a little tang.
So, what do you fancy if there is to be no meat involved, sans carne? No I haven't gone mad, or vegan, just broadening the horizons and winning a few noddy points from the wife who swears by rabbit food.

First, I appreciate the Monty Python reference, hopefully it was intended.

Second, pickled asparagus is a favorite.

Third, any roasted veggies from my smoker will work.
 
Corn on the cob boiled in husk or open with butter salt pepper and chutney glaze

Brother you need my roasted ears of corn….wrapped in foil with butter and Tony Chachere’s Cajun spice on the inside.
 
Slices of a good garden fresh tomato with a dash of salt. That's it.

In Alaska, where they are very tough to grow and the store bought ones are often nearly bland as water they're worth their weight in gold.
Reminds me of my late dad. During WWII, he sailed in the Merchant Marine in the Pacific in various ships and tugs.
On one memorable trip they ran out of fresh food before the trip was half over and were weeks with nothing but canned goods or non perishables.
When they got back to Frisco, dad ran to the nearest greasy spoon and ordered tomato's, "just keep them coming till I say stop".
He ate 13 and never got over them, loved them forever.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,210
Members
169,509
Latest member
MonikaEdge
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top